Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Need to hear from mamas who have had breast reduction surgery.

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:59 AM
  • 7 Replies
I am considering a reduction but don't know anyone who has had one. My chiropractor mentioned that my insurance would probably pay for it. That has really got me thinking. I have not made a consultation appt but am guessing that would be the next step...? I obviously have a lot of research to do but thought since I can't ask any friends about the process that I would ask here.

FYI...According to Nordstrom;) I am a 38GG--but have squeezed myself into D's and DD's for many years! I have neck/trapezius muscle issues and see a chiropractor fairly regularly, and have seen a physical therapist before. My bra has permanently deformed my shoulders. Underwire is starting to bother me under my arms and in my arm pits. My breasts rest on my chest so I get lots of boob sweat, lots of itching and recently got an open wound on my chest that hurt and kinda smelled--it was probably from my itching. It went away with neosporin. I feel like i have to think about standing tall or sitting straight, and if they were lighter I wouldn't hunch as much. It's kinda like their weight is pulling me forward.

So mamas who have had a reduction what was your experience? Did insurance cover it? What were your expectations? Are you happy with the end result? How long did it take for them to fully heal? How long do you have to wait before you exercise etc. Did you lose feeling anywhere--I'm really concerned about that being that my breasts/nipples are a huge part of my sexual arousal. I have looked at websites and viewed before/after photos --i wasnt impressed! The scars, mishapen breasts, perfectly circular but weird looking arreolas, side fat that doesn't get removed and creates a kind of fold ...ugh! I don't know if I'd be happier with my elephant ears or what the surgery could turn them into. Thanks ladies!
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Not me but here's a bump.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Not me either. But I had heard of it being done and being a success. Go to web MD and see if they have anything on it.

TwinsPlusOne4Me
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Nothing on webmd. Thanks for the bumps tho!

Quoting Janet:

Not me either. But I had heard of it being done and being a success. Go to web MD and see if they have anything on it.

Shaybay218
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:32 PM

A friend of mine just had hers done and it was a success. she is still recovering slowly but it looks good. She was really big and was causing her to have back problems. She is very pleased!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Sorry.:(

Quoting TwinsPlusOne4Me:

Nothing on webmd. Thanks for the bumps tho!

Quoting Janet:

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I have not, bump.

TwinsPlusOne4Me
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)