Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Should a convicted sex offender get full custody of his child?

Posted by   + Show Post

The Stir has an article about a mom who lost custody of her 6 year old daughter to a registered sex offender. The sex offender is the girls biological father and the womans ex-husband. He did serve his time BUT he went to prison for assaulting his 6 YEAR OLD step daughter.

The author suggests that the mom should take her child and run rather than turning her over to a convicted pedophile.

What do you think? Do you think it is safe to give give full custody to a convicted sex offender?

If you were in that situation, would you turn your child over or run? 

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Replies (21-30):
tamrakay22
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM

hell no if he rape someone that kid not safe  he not suppose to e around kids or so said the law but people or dumb i would change my identy to protect me and my son an that case

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM

The mother should definitely get a good lawyer and fight this!

notomatoes
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM

in a few simple words..NO WAY IN HELL would i turn over my child to a convicted sex offender..you want my child..fine...come and find me..if you can. sounds like a good time to move to a country that doesnt have a extradition agreement with the united states

jaydensmom1726
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM

the only that would be true was if he was on parole and it was a stipulation of his release. or if he was at a school or park  without his daughter.

Quoting GleeFan:

Wow, I read that article linked and I cannot believe a judge would allow that.

I understand doing your time, but he is a registered sex offender for a reason. If he was around other children, wouldn't that be a violation of his probation, assuming he is on probation, so why is this different? 

I have to say, that if it meant keeping my child safe, then yes, I would refuse to turn my child over and in extreme cirmcumstances, run.

periwinkle163
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I would never turn my kids over to someone I knew was a threat to them, I would run if necessary.

othermom
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM

No way should he get custody

Kellyjude1
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM

No a sex offender should never get full custody that is just sick.  I would run and never look back. What judge would ever give custody of a child to a sex offender?  I think that judge needs to be evaluated something is definitely wrong.

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM

NO!!!!!!!!    I WOULD RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!   I WOULD KEEP MY CHILD SAFE.....

nonniemarie
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 5:28 AM

She needs to fight the judge. Get a new lawyer. Take the story to Change.org.

Mrs.Sells
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:43 AM

The mom would have to have some pretty big issues herself if she is losing custody 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN