Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Should a convicted sex offender get full custody of his child?

Posted by   + Show Post

The Stir has an article about a mom who lost custody of her 6 year old daughter to a registered sex offender. The sex offender is the girls biological father and the womans ex-husband. He did serve his time BUT he went to prison for assaulting his 6 YEAR OLD step daughter.

The author suggests that the mom should take her child and run rather than turning her over to a convicted pedophile.

What do you think? Do you think it is safe to give give full custody to a convicted sex offender?

If you were in that situation, would you turn your child over or run? 

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Replies (31-40):
Shelly126
by Michele on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Quoting la_bella_vita:

What is this world coming to? This is one of the most disturbing things I have ever read. I understand they are trying to shift custody so that mothers are not favored but this is just outrageous!!!

All though, I shouldn't be too shocked there is a child in my family who still has to go to visitation with the man who molested her and the mom was almost sentenced to jail time for trying to keep the child away from him. Instead, he was given make-up time.

wow that is seriously FKED up! I can't understand what goes on in these court rooms and how these ignorant judges have no regard for common sense. There are laws but there is also common sense and protection especially for children. These are some seriously fked up judges and some seriously fked up perversions of visitation laws!
Chellebelle1971
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

ABSOLUTELY 100% NO NO NO NO AND NOOOOOOOOOOO

andrea0314
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM
There's no.way in heck I'd give my child to a sex offender. Something is wrong with that judges thinking. I was sexually abused when I.was a.child its horrible I'd fight that to.keep my child or run anything anyway for him not to get the child
Christie1952
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:14 PM

NO!!! File a restraining order and get a better lawyer. There may be some issues with the mother and in that case the child needs to go into foster care or to a relative.

EarlGrayHot
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Noooooo!  Absolutely not!  There is not a chance in Hell that's right.  Personally, I think he should be executed.  There, that solved the problem, didn't it?

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Quoting Shelly126:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

What is this world coming to? This is one of the most disturbing things I have ever read. I understand they are trying to shift custody so that mothers are not favored but this is just outrageous!!!

All though, I shouldn't be too shocked there is a child in my family who still has to go to visitation with the man who molested her and the mom was almost sentenced to jail time for trying to keep the child away from him. Instead, he was given make-up time.

wow that is seriously FKED up! I can't understand what goes on in these court rooms and how these ignorant judges have no regard for common sense. There are laws but there is also common sense and protection especially for children. These are some seriously fked up judges and some seriously fked up perversions of visitation laws!

I know, I agree : ( The little girl is in counseling and seems grown beyond her years. On top of that he has abused the mother in the past. It's just so sad because her step-father wants to adopt her but the courts said she needs her bio-dad in her life. They even offered to let the grandparents continue vistiation.

Lots of crazy stories out there : (

GreenBlitzen
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I really dont think so he is a convicted sex offender and even tho he did his time it still does not make any sense at all to me. i think that judge is stupid for allowing that.

Mama_Wifey74
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:01 AM
I would take my child and run as far away as I could go! It would literally be over my dead body that I would turn my child over to a pedophile! What is wrong with this judge anyhow? it honestly makes me wonder if his honor has some "hidden skeletons" in his closet... Stuff like this angers me because IMO child molesters are the lowest form of scum on earth and I don't believe they can be "rehabilitated" no matter how long they are in prison and the poor child they violated gets an automatic life sentence the minute a Sicko makes the choice to violate them so I say put them under the jail and let them rot! I'm not a violent person but when it comes to a sex crime against a child I wouldn't think twice before putting a bullet in A pedo's head even if it was the father of my child!!!
OliviasMommy611
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Ugh no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TimetoMomUp
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:05 PM

No way.  That judge should be disbarred.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)