Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

About to have 5 children under 5

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

My husband of 7 years and I have 2 beautiful girls, Ayden 4 and Alexis almost 2. I just found out I am pregnantl. And there's 3 heartbeats. We didn't plan to have another baby, not to mention 3 babies!

My husband and my family and friends are all very excited, but I don't think anyone has really thought about the logistics! I've been a wreck ever since I found out. I have a list of worries a mile long.

We were looking to upgrade house. Originally I thought we'd have to put that on hold but there is no way we'll be able to be comfortable in our current home with 5 children. I can't imagine looking for a home and moving while I'm pregnant with triplets.

I'm an APRN, but right now only work part-time to stay home with the kids. My husband is an attorney and works crazy hours. I'll probably have to stay home full-time. Possibly even hire help and put Ayden and Alexis in school.

I know my situtation is unique and I'm mostly just venting, but I'll take any words of advise. I'd love to just talk to some other mommies with multiples. That's why I just joined this site (plus there's not much else to do when I'm already incredibly sick in bed from this pregnancy). 

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww well congrats! and welcome to the group!  I think Ayden going to school will help. Most 4 year olds here go to school all day, every day (except summer of course). Good luck with everything!!

2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww well firstly, congrats! Thats very exciting. I understand your concerns, it seems like a very stressful situation. But the upside is that you guys seem to have very good careers and even if you have to stay home, your husband obviously is more than capable of supporting you guys which is great. Can you imagine being in your position right now, AND having to worry about how you will pay rent or the mortgage? Finances can cause A LOT of stress within relationships so be happy that for the most part, you may not have to worry about that as much. The situation is what it is, there's no changing it now so try to relax. Make a list of everything you want to accomplish before the arrival of your babies. And slowly start planning what you need to do and steps to take to start checking off those things. Make goals for each month of what you want to accomplish that month. We moved when I was 8mos pregnant, now obviously I wasn't having triplets lol, but it can be done. You are in a very unique situation but you can handle it and once those babies are there, you won't even be able to imagine your life without them. So try to relax as much as you can and just start planning what you need to do to be ready for the arrival. Good luck

TwinsPlusOne4Me
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM
It's a wonderful blessing. Congratulations. It will be harder than you imagine but also so rewarding and fulfilling. I know how scary and unexpected this is. Take care of yourself and enjoy this beautiful time. Everything will come together. People LOVE to help out mamas preggo with multiples! :)
Momma-2boys
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Congrats!!! I know its a lil hard to wrap your head around but just count your blessings and thing will work out for the best. Be strong and think about all the good. The negative will just stress you out. Again CONGRATS
dreamalong
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Take one step at a time.  You certainly need to do some planning.  HOWEVER, you also need to reduce your stress levels, and be a peace about your situation.  Take some advice from a person who is always very busy; you can get it all done, when you do one thing at a time. 

First, you mentioned having family and friends.  Talk to a couple of 'best' family and friends and tell them how much this is stressing you and ask them to help you make plans.   Belive in, and rely on your family and friends, and take some of this off your shoulders.

I believe you will also find that when you stop stressing and come up with plans, your pregnancy sickness will ease up.  Stress really, really, adds to all sickness and makes it worse.

List what you need and what needs to be done, again with the help of your friends and family.  Create a time line - what needs to be done and a date.  This will give you and your spouse something to talk about when he is home. 

1.  Look for a school for Ayden and Alexis early; many child care centers are full and with waiting lists.

2.  This is a good time to go house hunting, prices are down and many people need to sell right now, in most areas; so, there is a very good chance you can find exactly what you need at the right rprice.

3.  Your situation is NOT unique; others have experienced this, so there is plenty of advice out there to find.  Do not be afraid to ask for assistance, and you will be in better shape to ask when you know what you want to do and what you will need.

4.  Do what you need to do to de-stress.  There are safe herbal teas that will releave some of the sickness of the first trymester of pregnancy.  Take care of yourself first -- reduce your stress, develop a plan.

Best wishes!

little.worthen
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM
My friend just had triplets.
Good Luck
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM

WOW!!! Congrats and Good Luck!!!

Karopie_99
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Wow blesa you!! I couldn't imagine going from 2kids to 5 that fast. I'm working on baby #4 and it can be tough juggling all the kids and they aren't the same age. Go you!!! I'm sure you will be able to figure it all out one way or another. Things always pan out :) good luck
splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Congrats & welcome to the group! I have no advice on multiples but hope that some ladies on here do. :)

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Welcome and congrats! It will all work out you'll see.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)