Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi everyone. I just found out today that I will be expecting my new child on jan 25th and need some advice. 

I recently left my husband and just found out I'm pregnant. I'm already seeing a new guy who is amazing. The only thing is I don't know who the father is and need help with how the conception date works. I'm 10 weeks and 2 days today. I have slept with my husband sometime in the end of April and with my new boyfriend for the first time on may 5th. The doctor said my conception date is may 4/5. So was I pregnant before my new bf which means my husband is father???? Please help!!!! 

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mkittysamom
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM
you can always have a blood test done too.
Jan25th
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:10 PM
First i did use protecrion. Me and my husband were seperarted but was still living together. He was seeing someone as well but thats beside the point. I was just asking how conception works not to be judge.
hockey21
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM

that's a tough one, I am going to saythis baby is your new boyfriend's, the accuracy from a doctor isnt always right, on the other hand...a test to prove will be a option, then you can tell the husband or boyfriend he is a daddy   sorry I cant help  but good luck

Jan25th
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:25 PM
I would have to wait to do dna when baby is born correct?
splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM

You have to add 2 weeks on to that. You don't ovulate until 2 weeks into pregnancy technically. :)

Quoting goddess99:

I counted back 10 weeks and 2 days from today, twice lol. I get April 20th.

lalalamama
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Weeks of pregnancy are counted from the first day of your last period. I know that's screwy but that's the way it works. Your last period was roughly 10 weeks ago.
April 20th= first day of last period. Add 14 days= May 4th that's when you ovulated, so yes, you could have conceived May 5th.

Depending on when you last had sex with your ex, some of his sperm may have still been around to fertilise your egg on the 4th, or maybe your boyfriend fertilised you on the 5th.
Best to ask your doctor, give him the date you last had sex with your ex. You may have to do a DNA test after birth to find out for sure.
sunnysideof1962
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like the husband is likly the father of this child, maybe you should pray and ask God to help in renewing your relationship with the husband?

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM

You need a paternity test to know for sure.

dancingthrulife
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:28 PM

not a md on this this..lol, but i would say ur bf..??? good luck to u..

goldilocksbecky
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM

You have to account for the 2 "freebie weeks".  They calculate based on your last period.  But you typically don't actually ovulate and conceive until mid-cycle, which is about 2 weeks after that.  So, say your last period started on the 1st day of the month.  You would most likely ovulate and conceive about 2 weeks after that (around the 14th or 15th).  Then 2 weeks after that you would have a missing period.  At that point the doctor would declare you "4 weeks pregnant", since it's been 4 weeks since your last period.  But you've actually only been pregnant for 2 weeks. 

So, OP, if the doctor said you are 10 weeks and 2 days, count back about 8 weeks and 2 days.  I'd go with the doctor's date.

Quoting goddess99:

I counted back 10 weeks and 2 days from today, twice lol. I get April 20th.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)