Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What is wrong with some Parents?

Posted by   + Show Post

My twin 6 year old daughters are taking some gymnastic classes for the summer.  In the gym there is a one room dance studio.  The adult waiting area is for both is in the same hall-way.  The dance moms all sit together and gossip/talk together.  One of the moms was a member/volunteer at my daughters VBS a few weeks ago.  One of my twins went up to her so excited and said hi and gave her a hug.  This women says, huh who are you and do I know you?  The other moms laughed asked the mom if she knew my daughter and she said huh no, I don't know who you are and just embarrassed her.  This mom didn't know I was watching the whole thing.  My daughter said remember, I'm the twin, we went to Vacation Bible School.  The lady says, oh yeah, which one are you?

My daughter walked over to me, her face was so red, she was uncomfortable and embarrassed.  When the women looked up she notice I saw the whole thing and looked embarrassed herself.

I am a substitute teacher.  I have kids come up to me a lot.  I don't remember all of them or their names but I always acknowledge them like they are the only one in the room.  They would never know I didn't remember.  I ask them how they are and so on...

How do you do that to a 6 year old?  Just mean!

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
KaylinC03
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:16 AM
That's so rude. I feel bad for your daughter. :(
Ultra_
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:21 AM
That's mean! I always joke that I know about 1000 kids from volunteering at the school, working at a daycare, helping at church with all the different kids classes, my son's play group and my girls' softball teams. They run up to me everywhere and do the same. I typically recognize them, but if I don't, I ask them their name. Even if still don't remember, I act like I do and say oh yeah and hug them all excited anyways. It's so mean not to. Even if they got on my nerves!
Mom2jngnc
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM

That is horrible! 

I have 4 biological children, and my niece most of the time. 
I have helped coach 5 or 6 soccer teams (at least 1 child is mine), I am a volunteer firefighter and cover many of our fire prevention presentations, and I have been active in the PTA.

LOTS of kids run up and say hi, weather it's teh grocery store, playground, garage sales, Church (I have kids at school that will say Hi to me because of Church, then come into Church and say hey aren't you Mrs R from PTA?), 

I learned quick to fake it..... 

Mom2jngnc
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Ultra_:

That's mean! I always joke that I know about 1000 kids from volunteering at the school, working at a daycare, helping at church with all the different kids classes, my son's play group and my girls' softball teams. They run up to me everywhere and do the same. I typically recognize them, but if I don't, I ask them their name. Even if still don't remember, I act like I do and say oh yeah and hug them all excited anyways. It's so mean not to. Even if they got on my nerves!

they seem to be the ones I remember best! lol

splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:19 PM

People are mean. :( 

Mom2Kyle03
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:27 AM

I would have told her she was a**hole for being so rude to a six yr old! SMH

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:15 AM
That is mean. :(
MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Honestly to me it just seems like she was caught off guard and ended up putting her foot in her mouth. 

tinakinakins
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM
What a bitch.
MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:55 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)