Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Diaper service???

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

Has anyone used a diaper service before? was it worth the money? was it cheaper or more expensive the buying disposable?

Was it worth the extra cost to not have to wash them or deal with the mess yourself?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM

We don't have anything like that around here.

Mom2jngnc
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:44 PM

sorry, the main one for our area closed in 1998. A quick google search showed a couple of them, but they seem to be "freelance".

splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Honestly, they are pretty costly. Diaper laundry is really easy. I can't see how it would be worth paying someone else to wash them. 

Junebaby18
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:01 AM
I did cloth for a few months (I made them myself), but then I started full time work and had no energy at the end of the day to wash them. I looked up diaper services and they cost more than disposable diapers so I just went back to 'sposies.
SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I didn't try it because I didn't think it was worth it. Plus I prefer to wash my own.
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I have used a diaper service in the past and yes, for me it was worth it  I used the service when Jericho was a baby.  I really don't remember what I paid.  I just looked up the service I used current pricing and it is $18 per week for 70 diaperswhich is what I did.

For Jericho disposables were not even an option as his skin was very sensitive.  Also I personally prefer cloth to disposable.  Washing at home was also not an option.  We were taking care of MIL who'd had a major stroke just  few weeks after we found out I was pregnant.  She would have at least 2 sometimes 3 or more , depending on naps and pure stubborness, accidents per day (always first thing in the morning and at nap time) so I was already doing 2 to 3 loads a day.  Add a load every couple of days for me and dh.  Then seperate loads for baby clothes every other day. 

Before Jericho I was averaging 3 loads per day.  That's why I used the service, with everything else I ha to do adding diapers too it would have been just too much.  Even with the service after Jericho was born I went up to an average of 4 loads of laundry evry single day.

We were no longer taking care of MIL when Demetri came so I did the diapers at home.  I was given a home diaper care routine by the diaper service (I ran out of diapers once a few days before delivery) which I used doing diapers about every other day.  It is a bit time consuming and I have seen other women who skip some of the steps without trouble.

You really have to look at your needs, lifestyle and routine.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I never used cloth diapers.

villagemamma
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Ya we have one just up the road from me and my mom was talking about getting several people together and getting me a gift card for it.

Quoting goddess99:

We don't have anything like that around here.

CafeMom Tickers
villagemamma
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM

First of all i absolutely love the name Jericho. The reason i was asking is because a couple of people were talking about getting me a gift card to the local diapering services but its been so long since my little one is  4 already so i dont remember how many diapers i used to go through with her. Looking at it it would be more expensive then disposable but to me it is still worth it because i prefer cloth.

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

I have used a diaper service in the past and yes, for me it was worth it  I used the service when Jericho was a baby.  I really don't remember what I paid.  I just looked up the service I used current pricing and it is $18 per week for 70 diaperswhich is what I did.

For Jericho disposables were not even an option as his skin was very sensitive.  Also I personally prefer cloth to disposable.  Washing at home was also not an option.  We were taking care of MIL who'd had a major stroke just  few weeks after we found out I was pregnant.  She would have at least 2 sometimes 3 or more , depending on naps and pure stubborness, accidents per day (always first thing in the morning and at nap time) so I was already doing 2 to 3 loads a day.  Add a load every couple of days for me and dh.  Then seperate loads for baby clothes every other day. 

Before Jericho I was averaging 3 loads per day.  That's why I used the service, with everything else I ha to do adding diapers too it would have been just too much.  Even with the service after Jericho was born I went up to an average of 4 loads of laundry evry single day.

We were no longer taking care of MIL when Demetri came so I did the diapers at home.  I was given a home diaper care routine by the diaper service (I ran out of diapers once a few days before delivery) which I used doing diapers about every other day.  It is a bit time consuming and I have seen other women who skip some of the steps without trouble.

CafeMom Tickers
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:25 PM

The company I used reccomended 60 per week,.  I got 70 to be safe.  Usually I had a few left over but a couple timeswent over.  I would say start with 70 to be safe.

Quoting villagemamma:

First of all i absolutely love the name Jericho. The reason i was asking is because a couple of people were talking about getting me a gift card to the local diapering services but its been so long since my little one is  4 already so i dont remember how many diapers i used to go through with her. Looking at it it would be more expensive then disposable but to me it is still worth it because i prefer cloth.

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN