Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My mom is mad because I'm not making the potato salad

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 2:14 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
We (my kids & I) were suppose to go to my parents for a cookout. She asked me to bring a potato salad that I made for Father's Day. Since a) Dad mentioned he might like it warm & b) she said not to come til 5 I was not going to make it til 3. BTW it's a loaded potato salad with bacon & cheese- I agree it would be good warm.

Well she just called & said she wasn't feeling good so we weren't having the cookout & could I just bring the salad over. I said if we aren't having it I'm not making it. I guess she thought it was already made. She threw a fit about it claiming she wanted to see the kids since she hadn't seen them in awhile (lie- we attend the same church as my parents every week)! Nice "guilt trip" huh! And to top it off I mentioned bringing a dessert as well & now I have all this stuff to make it & no reason other than "just because". PLUS she knew I had gone to the store yesterday & did not get food for tonight because of the cookout! Now I have to figure out if a store is open.

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Grocery stores should be open. I just went to Kroger. I guess she will get over it.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Your potato salad must be awful good.

CampClan
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

IMO it's "eh"... I found it on Pinterest! LOL My kids won't eat it so I don't see the point in making it. Oddly enough- the exact same ingredients mixed differently (minus mayo) & they will eat it.

Quoting Janet:

Your potato salad must be awful good.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Hmm I wouldn't make all that stuff just to drop it off so she has stuff to eat, but that's just me.

my.sonshine
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I wouldn't make it either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:21 PM

If she is not feeling good why the heck would you want to bring your kids around her? lol 

I think sometimes people just look for an excuse to complain.

CampClan
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:30 PM

She has diabetes & is on several different meds. Her doc put her on new ones that cause diarrhea. THAT is the "not feeling good". Not well enough for dad to cook hamburgers & microwave corndogs (for my 4yo) but well enough for my 5 kids to come run around her house.

And yes, she is one of those that like to complain. I mean I get she is ill but she has ALWAYS found things to complain about. She even has a "grudge" against a man at church who was seriously injured at work about 10 years ago & goes around in shorts all year long & not covering his injured leg. Yes, she thinks people don't want to see that at church. IMO I think it's an awesome testiment to his faith & confidence that God will someday heal him- whether he gets complete use of his leg while on this Earth or when we finally meet our Maker.

Quoting splatz:

If she is not feeling good why the heck would you want to bring your kids around her? lol 

Squirrel1309
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Most of the stores seem to be open, if all else fails you could have potato salad! :) Good for you for standing up to your mom!

CampClan
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Luckily Dad ended up bringing over 5 burgers & 6 corndogs plus some Ruffles & burger buns so I didn't have to go out. I ended up making loaded mashed potatoes instead knowing my kids would eat that. Seriously- the only diff is the texture & the fact that the salad has mayo & the mashed potatoes have cream cheese. Crazy kids.

Quoting Squirrel1309:

Most of the stores seem to be open, if all else fails you could have potato salad! :) Good for you for standing up to your mom!

splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Oh... well now I sound like a jerk. Sorry! I was thinking like cold or stomach bug sick lol. 

Quoting CampClan:

She has diabetes & is on several different meds. Her doc put her on new ones that cause diarrhea. THAT is the "not feeling good". Not well enough for dad to cook hamburgers & microwave corndogs (for my 4yo) but well enough for my 5 kids to come run around her house.

And yes, she is one of those that like to complain. I mean I get she is ill but she has ALWAYS found things to complain about. She even has a "grudge" against a man at church who was seriously injured at work about 10 years ago & goes around in shorts all year long & not covering his injured leg. Yes, she thinks people don't want to see that at church. IMO I think it's an awesome testiment to his faith & confidence that God will someday heal him- whether he gets complete use of his leg while on this Earth or when we finally meet our Maker.

Quoting splatz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN