Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

Posted by   + Show Post

Im spending the long weekend with my parents. Yesterday during the 4th party my parents host every year, I was witness to a very uncomfortable situation with friends of our. The adult daughter (around my age) and her parents, apparently do not get along, which is something my mom did not know or else she probably wouldn't have invited them both. It made for an awkward situation being around them.

I started thinking about how lucky my sisters and I are that we have really good relationships with our parents.

Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Replies (11-20):
bmcandmmh
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Aw that's so sad. Can you expand. What exactly happened as a child?

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

My dad and I - yes

My mom and I - mostly...but she emotionally abused me as a child and it's a scar that will never go away. She denies it to this day so we just don't talk about it... 😔
villagemamma
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Sort of.. i have a good relationship with my mom but not my dad. I have a wicked step mother that has basically run off all of my siblings and i and cut us out of our dads life because she wants him to focus on her daughter

Shelly126
by Michele on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:51 PM
My dad is passed, but we never had a good relationship. He and my mom divorced when I was 5 and he was always in and out of my life, when it was convenient for him to have a child.
My mom and I have a fantastic relationship, always have and always will. She is an amazing woman and is a fantastic grandma to my boys, they love thier nanna!
TimetoMomUp
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Yes.  There were many struggles to get here but I now have a great relationship with both of them.

undrcvrmom
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM

My dad and I have a great relationship but my mom and I, well it's complicated to say the least.

MichelleMc
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:34 AM

Yes I get a long with my parents really well. 

Eve-marie
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:35 AM

I hardly ever see or hear my parents, but we are on speaking terms. They're just busy people.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:51 AM

I had a wonderful relationship with my parents right up to them passing away.

I guess that's one reason, I encourage my husband to have a relationship with his mom. She's done a lot of things that I don't agree with, and been through a lot throughout her life. She's also made some really bad decisions. However, she's a sweet lady, and I love her to pieces. I am hoping that this time, she is truly getting her life back together.

CafeMom Tickers
xxMichellexx
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:24 AM

No.. Both my parents were physically abusive and they still believe that what they did was disciplin.. Having a broom stick smacked across the back of your head is not disciplin..

Christie1952
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:22 PM

We had a wonderful relationship with our parents & grandfather until they all passed away. Had 4 generations living on the same property for years. Still miss them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN