Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

Posted by   + Show Post

Im spending the long weekend with my parents. Yesterday during the 4th party my parents host every year, I was witness to a very uncomfortable situation with friends of our. The adult daughter (around my age) and her parents, apparently do not get along, which is something my mom did not know or else she probably wouldn't have invited them both. It made for an awkward situation being around them.

I started thinking about how lucky my sisters and I are that we have really good relationships with our parents.

Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Replies (21-30):
slgilliam
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM

YES! However, my parents got a divorce when I was my early 20's. Sometimes it does get a little stressful trying to plan family visits because they don't always get along. I am also close with both my parents significant others.

Truluv4ever
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:13 PM
I did have a wonderful relationship with both of my parents right up until they passed away.
To_the_moon
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I have an ok relationship with my parents. I butt heads with my father every now and then and just established a relationship with my mom but we all get along relatively well enough.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Diane1223
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Yes :)
moniagee
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Yes, with both of them. I visit my dad daily and talk to my mom every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
staci1103
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Good God NO!! Never have:(
tinakinakins
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I am very close to my parents.

azn_ladie82
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I have a great relationship with my parents. I'm one lucky gal. However, my husband doesn't have a close relationship with his own, it's really sad.

sunrisekn
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Yes, a great relationship. I talk to my parents at least 3 times a week. 

My dh lost his mother at 5 and never knew who his father is so I feel extremely lucky to have both of my parents and they are still together. 

lacyd75
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Absolutely!! And I'm thankful for that, because once upon a time it wasn't this good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)