Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

Posted by   + Show Post

Im spending the long weekend with my parents. Yesterday during the 4th party my parents host every year, I was witness to a very uncomfortable situation with friends of our. The adult daughter (around my age) and her parents, apparently do not get along, which is something my mom did not know or else she probably wouldn't have invited them both. It made for an awkward situation being around them.

I started thinking about how lucky my sisters and I are that we have really good relationships with our parents.

Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Replies (41-50):
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I do.  I'm still a Daddy's girl big time!!  He is my hero!  My mom has always been my best friend.  I enjoy being around them so much

mommaof3girls24
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:50 PM

No, my "father" beat us all our lives and i just dont talk to him anymore (and he doesnt call me either). My mom and I get along for the most part but have our disagreements (mainly since my brother is still living at home and gets away with everything).

**My Family**

~Live, Laugh, Love~

stepanieof4
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Nope, never really  did. My dad is gone but never lived with him. My mom was conceiving  and lies about everything.

bipolar69mom
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:09 AM

Always had a godd relationship with my dad.  When we were little he would always be the one outside playing with us and our friends, sledriding down the yard, wagon rides, big wheels, baseball, frizzbee, chalk on sidewalk, washing car, everything.  My mother and I became great friends once I had my first child.  From there it grew into an enormous friendship.  We are both bipolar and understood what each person was going through.  I am medicated and she could not be.  The last 10 years she went downhill with being bipolar, fibromyalgia, arthritis, curviture of spine, tmj, immensense amount of pain and she ended up becoming a homebody and didnt drive or go out and quit coming to family functions because she wasnt herself.  We had our fights and always made up.  My dad retired 10 years ago to take care of her.  He cooked, cleaned, did errands, took her to appts, held her why she cried, and they loved each other more than any couple i know.  they were married 70 years.  my mom could no longer deal with her pain and suffering from all her medical issues and not being abl to live the life she wanted.  two weeks before this Mother's Day ?I had an argument with her and I wasnt very nice and she said she never wanted to talk to me again (this was all via email).  I planned in my head all the things i would get her for mothers day, balloons which are her favorite, a homamade card, favorite candies and my sincere deepest apology because I was wrong.  Two days before mothers day she took her own life.  I felt that this day would come but not this soon.  I didnt get to say I love you and I am sorry.  I sat on the floor of her bedroom crying into her hand as she lay there dead.  My father and I are much closer now, we go out to eat, hang out at their house, talk on the phone, he visits me, we are going fishing.  I am so afraid to lose him, but he is in great health, but i know he is so very lonely without my mom.  What I am trying to say, dont let things go, make amends and be the better person.  Love your parents if they are alive, make the effort to see them, call them, apologize to them....anything....just dont regret that the day they are no longer here, you cant fix the heartache u caused and could have fixed the same day u caused it.  let the little things go and love your parents the best way you know how...after all...they did bring you into this world and love you like no other <3  I miss you mommie so very much :(

MommaGirl1207
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:48 AM

50/50

HATE my sperm - he physically, mentally, & emotionally abused my older brother and I

LOVED my mom - she passed away almost 5 years ago.

I realize that it is a horrible thought, but I wish my sperm donor had died instead of my mom.

cindilou13
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I have an excellent relationship with my Dad.  My mother passed away when I was 16 and of course that was horrible, but it really pulled me, my brother, and my Dad into an even closer relationship.  My Dad is remarried now, we get along with my step-mother and extended family reasonably although there are tough spots too.  Overall I'm very thankful for my awesome Dad and just deal with the bad things with my step-mother as best we can.

Mel0dy
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Decent I guess. My mom is going a bit nuts I think lol so being around her for long periods of time can get hard on the head lol but i try and let her crazyness go in one ear and out the other. My father lives with me, he sick so I help takecare of him. Him and I fight alot. Hes very hardheaded. Its very stressfull I wont lie. Most days I want to take my DD and run away from all of this lol I have no idea how I am still sane 

mom4awesomekids
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Yes I'm very close to them.

mamavalor
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:35 AM

We try.

NiCo86
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I haven't spoken to my mother in over 4 years, and she's not allowed to see my children. I do not know who my father is.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)