Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

van recommendations?

Posted by   + Show Post
We are looking to buy a used car. Preferably under the $10,000 range. We have a 03, 06, and 07 town and country on our list to check out.
Anyone have any recommendations on older vans?

I think I would prefer one that doesn't have a bench seat in the middle row. I think it may be easier that way. We have a 7 year old 2 year old, and a LO due in January.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Replies (11-17):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:46 PM

We got a good deal on this one. We payed $14,000 for a 2009 and our monthly payment is only $349.00 and our insurance didn't even go up either.

Quoting splatz:

Most of the suvs with 3rd row we have looked at are way out of our price range.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

We just traded our Honda Fit for a Honda Pilot. So much more room. It seats 7. You might want to look into something like that. This is what it looks like...

Quoting splatz:

I can't say I love them either. But I love the idea of more room. 3 carseats across is not easy to do. Not to mention its really hard to find a car wide enough to fit them. Even with the right carseats. :(

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I don't like vans myself. My soon to be hubby likes them and he is always trying to get me to get a Honda Odyssey. Honda's are good and last long.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:54 PM

All together with finance charges and fees it was $19,000

Quoting splatz:

Most of the suvs with 3rd row we have looked at are way out of our price range.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

We just traded our Honda Fit for a Honda Pilot. So much more room. It seats 7. You might want to look into something like that. This is what it looks like...

Quoting splatz:

I can't say I love them either. But I love the idea of more room. 3 carseats across is not easy to do. Not to mention its really hard to find a car wide enough to fit them. Even with the right carseats. :(

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I don't like vans myself. My soon to be hubby likes them and he is always trying to get me to get a Honda Odyssey. Honda's are good and last long.

Mamabear_5
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Omg I LOVED My Honda odyssey. I have a gmc Acadia and love that as well. It doesn't have the second bench seat. It's got captain Seats. Easier for the older kids to get in and our of.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Snook35
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I have a 2005 Nissan Quest that I love. I didn't want a mini van but its not bad.
SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Same here.

Quoting Mamabear_5:

Omg I LOVED My Honda odyssey. I have a gmc Acadia and love that as well. It doesn't have the second bench seat. It's got captain Seats. Easier for the older kids to get in and our of.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

STVUstudent
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM

we are driving a second (or more) hand Toyota Sienna- 2002, and a 2012 Honda Odyssey.

I have been very happy with the Sienna.  we have had no problems with it at all... it had moderate mileage when we bought it and have taken a number of long trips in it.  It has a bench across the back, and single seats in the middle row.

When we bought the new Odyssey, we also test drove the new Sienna... and I wish now I had bought the Sienna.

STVUstudent
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM

with both the older Sienna and the newer Odyssey, we were able to fit three carseats across with a Graco Nautica seat...  my three are all within 9 months of each other, so they were all in the same size seat... now, i can put three backless bosters across the back seat if I need to.  You could easily fit seats that would accomodate your children's diverse ages in the two rows of the Sienna...

Quoting splatz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)