Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

July 7, 2013 is Chocolate Day

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:12 AM
  • 14 Replies
July 7, 2013 is

Chocolate Day

Today is a delicious reason to celebrate—it’s Chocolate Day!

Did you know that chocolate actually comes from trees? It's true! This small tree is called Theobroma cacao, or the cocoa tree. Its fruit produces cocoa seeds, which in turn produces cocoa powder and chocolate. If only chocolate bars grew on trees!

If you're a chocoholic, then you have two more chocolate days to celebrate! World Chocolate Day is on September 4 and National Chocolate Day is on October 28.

Today, take the time to enjoy one of the most popular desserts in the world. Whether you prefer to munch on a chocolate bar, sip on a steaming cup of hot chocolate, or smother an ice cream sundae in hot chocolate fudge, be sure to get your chocolate fix! Happy Chocolate Day!

by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviasMommy611
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Isn't today July 8 or am I losing it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:45 PM

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Sorry dear It's the 7th. You've lost it =)

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

OliviasMommy611
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Bahahaha crazy me

Quoting goddess99:

Sorry dear It's the 7th. You've lost it =)

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IsmellP00h
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Mmmm dark chocolate melted marshmellows dipped in it then sprinkled with graham cracker crumbs!!!!!! Desert is decided!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:09 PM

That sounds really good.

Quoting IsmellP00h:

Mmmm dark chocolate melted marshmellows dipped in it then sprinkled with graham cracker crumbs!!!!!! Desert is decided!! Lol

IsmellP00h
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:21 PM
It's way better then messy sticky old school smores just need skewers, jumbo mellow double boiler melt your chocolate put mellow on a skewer toast it til golden brown then dip in your chocolate. Crush up graham crackers and sprinkle over chocolate mellow or roll it in the cracker lol voila! Enjoy cept i put a lil whiskey in my chocolate XD

Quoting MistressMinerva:

That sounds really good.

Quoting IsmellP00h:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:22 PM

That sounds easy to do but I will pass on the whiskey...lol

Quoting IsmellP00h:

It's way better then messy sticky old school smores just need skewers, jumbo mellow double boiler melt your chocolate put mellow on a skewer toast it til golden brown then dip in your chocolate. Crush up graham crackers and sprinkle over chocolate mellow or roll it in the cracker lol voila! Enjoy cept i put a lil whiskey in my chocolate XD

Quoting MistressMinerva:

That sounds really good.

Quoting IsmellP00h:

IsmellP00h
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Lol grown up smores :) other then that it's really good :) i do better with deserts then i do with dinners lol

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Quoting IsmellP00h:

Quoting MistressMinerva:

That sounds really good.

Quoting IsmellP00h:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I'm the same way too. I can really make some desserts.

Quoting IsmellP00h:

Lol grown up smores :) other then that it's really good :) i do better with deserts then i do with dinners lol

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Quoting IsmellP00h:

Quoting MistressMinerva:

That sounds really good.

Quoting IsmellP00h:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)