Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

July 7th, 2013 is Macaroni Day

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:19 AM
  • 3 Replies

"There are approximately 3500 different shapes of pasta. Examples include spaghetti (solid, thin cylinders), maccheroni (tubes or hollow cylinders), fusilli (swirls), and lasagne (sheets). Two other noodles, gnocchi and spƤtzle, are sometimes considered pasta. They are both traditional in parts of Italy. Pasta is categorized in two basic styles: Dried and Fresh. Dried pasta made without eggs can be stored for up to two years under ideal conditions, while fresh pasta will keep for a couple of days in the refrigerator. In preparation for consumption, pasta is generally boiled."

How is this holiday celebrated?
This holiday is celebrated by doing something macaroni! Here's a few ideas:
  • Make you and your whole family a beautiful dish of macaroni! What's the number 1 macaroni dish? Come on you know what it is- "It's Macaroni and Cheese!" Serve a nice big bowl to your family or why not try a new macaroni casserole recipe? There are hundreds to choose from :)
  • Have a macaroni buffee party! Ohhhh this is a great food party! All you do is line up all kinds of shapes and sizes of cooked macaroni and a line of all kinds of sauces to pore on top. "I mean really, how many times do you get to have a food party like this?"
  • Kids love macaroni crafts and this is a perfect day to have some fun with the kids. 1) Glueing dry macaroni to cardboard and making pretty pictures. You can use colored macaroni (like spinach/green) or you can let the kids paint the dry macaroni either one. 2) Another popular kids craft is macaroni picture frames. All you do is buy cheap wooden picture frames from the dollar store and glue on macaroni. Add a fun photo of the kids and everyone will love their artistic creation. 3) Little girls love to make macaroni jewelry! Let them string up necklaces and wear them for the whole day. 4) Macaroni Day is in July right, well many people also celebrate "Christmas In July." so I can't think of a better time to make macaroni garland than on National Macaroni Day.

• Host your very own cooked macaroni eating contest!
  • by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-3):
    OliviasMommy611
    by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    I love pasta
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    goddess99
    by Michelle on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Yum love macaroni.

Janet
    by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I love pasta too.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
    other members!
    Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN