Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

When did your kids. . .

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 14 Replies

start getting crushes?  lol.  My 8y/o dd & I were flipping thru the tv yesterday, trying to find something to watch.  She saw that The Big Bang Theory was on, & wanted to watch that.  Her eyes were all aglow as she was telling me how much she liked Sheldon 'cause he was so funny, on & on & on. . . .  :-)  Also, how did you feel about these crushes?

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviasMommy611
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
She's had a crazy crush on Justin Bieber since she was 3. I don't care it's silly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I think ever since kindergarten my dd has told me about cute boys. I remember one day when she was in 2nd grade, I was picking her up from school and her classroom was straight down a hallway so I could see her walking toward me. Her arms were crossed and she looked angry, she got up to me and said, "I Am Officially Single Now" with this disgusted look on her face. I said "ok, let's go" lol Oh the dramas of 2nd grade LOL.

kellysparkles
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:24 PM
3 moms liked this

My DD is only 6 months so I can't really answer this, but she only gets bashful at tall guys with dark hair and dark eyes lol.  She smiles all big then buries her head in my shoulder lol!!

MySweetChild
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably 3rd grade, 8 or 9 years old.  The first time I realized it she was with a friend of hers and we were going somewhere and they went and did there hair and I could hear them say "do you think there will be any "hot" guys there?!"  First of all, 8 year old boys aren't "guys", LOL!  But then I was like, my DD refers to males as "hot"  She has since then kind of talked about a few boys in her class, never admitted to any of them being cute or any crushes, but I can tell the little school girl crushes are just beginning.  Ugh, soo not ready for that!

catevincesmom
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, no!!  Don't think I'm ready, either.  lol

Quoting MySweetChild:

Probably 3rd grade, 8 or 9 years old.  The first time I realized it she was with a friend of hers and we were going somewhere and they went and did there hair and I could hear them say "do you think there will be any "hot" guys there?!"  First of all, 8 year old boys aren't "guys", LOL!  But then I was like, my DD refers to males as "hot"  She has since then kind of talked about a few boys in her class, never admitted to any of them being cute or any crushes, but I can tell the little school girl crushes are just beginning.  Ugh, soo not ready for that!

catevincesmom
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Too cute.  lol

Quoting goddess99:

I think ever since kindergarten my dd has told me about cute boys. I remember one day when she was in 2nd grade, I was picking her up from school and her classroom was straight down a hallway so I could see her walking toward me. Her arms were crossed and she looked angry, she got up to me and said, "I Am Officially Single Now" with this disgusted look on her face. I said "ok, let's go" lol Oh the dramas of 2nd grade LOL.

catevincesmom
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:47 PM

She already like 'em tall, dark & handsome?  lol

Quoting kellysparkles:

My DD is only 6 months so I can't really answer this, but she only gets bashful at tall guys with dark hair and dark eyes lol.  She smiles all big then buries her head in my shoulder lol!!

kellysparkles
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

She's got good taste :P lol

Quoting catevincesmom:

She already like 'em tall, dark & handsome?  lol

Quoting kellysparkles:

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably kindergarten.

baileymarie723
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter was in daycare/4k, so about 4ish when she had her first "boyfriend". She was year older than him so she started kindergarten before him, but they ended up at the same elementary school, and had latchkey after school together and were "boyfriend and girlfriend" again. She has about 2-3 crushes now, and she will be 11 in 2 weeks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN