Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it EVER okay to leave kids in a car? (PIOG)

Posted by   + Show Post

I thought this was pretty much a cut and dry situation, but last week there was a Stir article about when it is okay to leave your kids in the car and Saturday, there was one about the mom who made her 5 yr old son hide under a towel in the car so she could go shopping.

So what is your take? Is it ever okay to leave a kid in the car? Does it depend on age, weather conditions, length of time you will be gone?  

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Replies (41-48):
kerryket
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I did not leave my kids alone in the car until they were teens, it was easier to bring them in than worry about what could happen to them!

madisonmom788
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:53 AM

i think it depends on the weather and the age

Shelly126
by Michele on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Quoting la_bella_vita:

It's not something I ever plan to do.

thats how I feel!!
Diane1223
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I never think it's ok.  It scared me, when I was little.

boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM

To me its about age. Regardless of how long I'd be gone, I'd never leave a child under the age of 5 alone in a car. 

patticoss
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM
My daughter is almost 9 and I will only leave her in the car alone while I am paying for gas or running into the post office to get stuff out of our PO box.
C-Millie
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM

No. Never Okay!

is-davids-mom
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:15 PM
The only time I leave my 12yr.old in the car is at our local gas station. That's after pumping gas them driving up at the door where I can c him while I am $n 4 my gas.they are to many crazy PEOPLE n this world.I wide never ever leave him while I went shopping. If he didn't won't to go and I couldn't find someone to watch him I just wouldn't go...r much older than 5yrs.old
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)