Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Girls in middle school can be so rude! Worried about my 12 year old daughter!

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:34 PM

And what is it you are worried about specificly?

notomatoes
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM

your typical middle schooler is rude to adults because they see their friends being rude to adults, and very few adults these days will tell a kid/pre teen/teen/whatever, "you know what, YOU ARE RUDE! dont come  back asking me for something .if you going to be rude, dont even bother to ask me for something, because i am not going to give you anything if you  cant be bothered to say please and thank you..you wana be rude, BUY IT YOURSELF!"..gee, can you tell i was raised by my grandparents?

connie45
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Give your daughter your permission to verbally defend herself if and when needed. Empower her with self respect and the right to speak up to defend herself or others. It doesn't have to be 4 letter words or abusive language. Short snappy comebacks said with confidence and turn and walk away.
Sat3409
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:07 AM

my daughter will be starting middle school when she is only 11.. now that scares me that she will learn things too early that girls do now days in middle school so i undestand. try finding a elementry school that goes till the 6th grade. Good luck!

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Sorry you are dealing with this :(.

mae912
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I agree with you completely! She does take up for herself, but she thinks she can make everyone like her. I've tried to tell her no matter how good or nice she is, she t won'tplease everyone!
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Sorry she is going through this.

Knightquester
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

While I have seen my fair share of middle schoolers that are rude, I don't think it's that way for all, or even the majority.  I have two going onto three middle schoolers and they aren't rude, nor are their friends.  I think that it depends a lot on how the child was raised, the other children they choose to hang around, and the children at the school they are attending.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)