Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Moms, what is your #1 reason for not working out or exercising?

Posted by   + Show Post

Moms, what is your #1 reason for not working out or excersing?

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Replies (171-176):
SourRoses
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Same here lol. Ugg

Quoting nelsjb:

I was doing some sit ups and she loves doing sit ups with me and she is always reminding me to exercise but when I'm finished, I have to walk with my legs way way apart and the stairs not helping, when I walk like that, she laugh so hard as she said it's funny how I walk but she have no idea how painful it is. so it's been a while since I exercise

Quoting SourRoses:

Aww that's sad, but cute at the same time lol.
A couple months ago I wanted to tone my butt and thighs so I tried that squat challenge. I only lasted a few days, it felt like my legs got hit with hammers, it hurt just to walk, and going up and down stairs were torture lol

Quoting nelsjb:

I also hate to think about the first couple of days, the pain and all, but as long as I get my tummy back as flat as it was before our little girl, It would be worth it. she would say to me Mommy your tummy is big, so I need to fix that.

Quoting SourRoses:

I find it hard to workout at home, if I went to a gym every week I'm sure I could get into it, but like you I have kids and I don't want to work out alone lol

Quoting nelsjb:

Same here and Hubby took out a membership at the gym 2 weeks ago and neither of us started as yet. Then again we have a 5 yr old and we have no sitter and we want to go together, I guess we would have to go alone.

Quoting SourRoses:

I'm lazy haha!

illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I'm lazy.

iloveeandc
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:00 PM

You should join my challnge group! Its a closed FB group that works out to the same workout, the same day, and helps each other with support, accountability and encouragement. If you would like, I can PM you more details?

Quoting EmmasMommy2011:

I am always just so tired. I don't seem to have the motivation to do it even though I know I can. I lost  53lbs before having my two kids and was only 36lbs away from my goal weight. Just been in the slumps. I also need to find a good support system.

nelsjb
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Hang in there, try and see if you can find a way of getting it work out so you can get the exercise you need and get back to the weight you are comfortable with, I'm hoping after our mini vacation I can get started and see the results, Good luck.

Quoting SourRoses:

Same here lol. Ugg

Quoting nelsjb:

I was doing some sit ups and she loves doing sit ups with me and she is always reminding me to exercise but when I'm finished, I have to walk with my legs way way apart and the stairs not helping, when I walk like that, she laugh so hard as she said it's funny how I walk but she have no idea how painful it is. so it's been a while since I exercise

Quoting SourRoses:

Aww that's sad, but cute at the same time lol.
A couple months ago I wanted to tone my butt and thighs so I tried that squat challenge. I only lasted a few days, it felt like my legs got hit with hammers, it hurt just to walk, and going up and down stairs were torture lol

Quoting nelsjb:

I also hate to think about the first couple of days, the pain and all, but as long as I get my tummy back as flat as it was before our little girl, It would be worth it. she would say to me Mommy your tummy is big, so I need to fix that.

Quoting SourRoses:

I find it hard to workout at home, if I went to a gym every week I'm sure I could get into it, but like you I have kids and I don't want to work out alone lol

Quoting nelsjb:

Same here and Hubby took out a membership at the gym 2 weeks ago and neither of us started as yet. Then again we have a 5 yr old and we have no sitter and we want to go together, I guess we would have to go alone.

Quoting SourRoses:

I'm lazy haha!

EmmasMommy2011
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I would love more details. Thanks!

Quoting iloveeandc:

You should join my challnge group! Its a closed FB group that works out to the same workout, the same day, and helps each other with support, accountability and encouragement. If you would like, I can PM you more details?

Quoting EmmasMommy2011:

I am always just so tired. I don't seem to have the motivation to do it even though I know I can. I lost  53lbs before having my two kids and was only 36lbs away from my goal weight. Just been in the slumps. I also need to find a good support system.

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Too tired when I get home from work and have too much to do around the house. Plus LO likes to cuddle after I pick her up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN