Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Am I wrong for wanting to be a teen?

So I'm 19 years old and my son is turing one soon, I got pregnant my senior year of high school so I didnt really get to be much of a teen. So is it bad that I want to be abvle to go and do things as a teen sometimes?

My son is always taken care of and has everything he needs; he is the number one priority in my life, I just feel like sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed and I need a break, so my grandma will take him for the weekend; some people dont think I should let that happen. I mean I dont ask every weekend and sometimes I wont ask her to babysit she'll call me because she wants to take him with her places, so it's not like I'm just trying to get rid of him. I love being a mom and just being with my lil man. I just feel exausted.

And sometimes when she has him I wont even go out or hang out with anyone, I'll stay home by myself and just rest and catch up on some sleep and just relax. But lately people have been judging me alot, about the things I say or how I act, or dress or anything. And it's mostly people that don't even know me. The nasty looks I get or the stares I get when I have my son on my hip in a store or something, I can see people whispering as I walk by.

I mean is it wrong for me to still be a teenager and take a break and relax?

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Replies (21-23):
MichelleMc
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I had my son at 18, then turned 19. I was happy & thrilled to have my son. A break? Why would you need a constant break? Goodness. My husband then joined the navy & was on submarines. He was gone CONSTANTLY. It was always on me, even when he was in port. I couldn't imagine allowing my child to go away for weekends, let alone WANTING him to. Your child is your child. You need to want him to be with you. 

I could see whispers about being so young, especially if you look young, HOWEVER, there should never be whispers about how you are dressing, unless you are dressing a way a young mother shouldn't be dressing. You should be showing them when your out with your son, that there is no concern or whisper needed. Your son should be clean, cared for, you should be intentive and responsive. You shouldn't be staring at your phone or more into your phone than him, and you should be child type places & focusing on him. So it shouldn't be an issue. 

As for the weekends, tell grandma, Love you & I know you love him, but he is my son. This will stop. You can have him one NIGHT a month. I need him to be with me, and I need to be a mother. Plan that you want to do in that one night. As for the sleep, read, or whatever you said you do when he is gone. You do that on nap time or bedtime. Set him on a schedule & run with it. He should be in bed early enough you can do all that anyway. 

Embrass this & know that when he is grown, you can still have time to go, do & be. My son is grown now, he is in the military & I am still young enough to go & do & be. Focus on your son now. Teen life, isn't fun or anything to miss. Now that I am 36 and about to be 37. Where I am old enough to do things, but still young enough to do them. Still look young enough to have fun, that is where the fun lies. 

Michelle, Body Combat Addict 
Proud Mom of Jonathan, Army Soldier and Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

Join us in the  Pennsylvania Moms group.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Since you are leaving him with your grandma I think it's fine. We all need breaks.

Supermommyof423
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Where is this kid's dad?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)