Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Decked Out For the First Day of School

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 57 Replies
2 moms liked this

My daughter just had a birthday last month, so by the time we went back to school shopping, she was set with warm-weather clothes. What we needed from Target though, were a few fun pieces that she could layer and accessories to add a little extra oomph to her outfits.

Because she loves all things girly, she gravitated toward the t-shirts with sequins, the dresses with ruffles, and the bright pink headbands. She would have taken all of the glitteriest options, but I insisted she settle on just a few to start the new school year. I added a black cardigan with lace detail along the buttons to take her t-shirts into fall and winter, and a stretchy pair of Bermuda shorts that would match any top or tunic. We both agreed on an adorable pair of white and silver sneakers for gym class. She also needed pencils, so we snapped up the neon set that had a little more spunk than plain yellow #2s. And, a brand new, stylish lunch box was on the list, and she chose an adorable owl one that came with a reusable water bottle.

When we got home, we laid everything out, labeled the supplies, and tried on a few things (again). She decided that on the first day of school, she'd be wearing her new striped dress, and I think that's a fabulous idea. We loaded up her backpack with everything on the supply list, and the night before, I'll pack her lunch and include a special note for her to discover when she sits down to eat.

She's got everything she needs for that first day of school, and I think she's going to feel great in her new dress and headband. If that takes some of the first-day jitters away, well, I've done my job.

Gfunkified.com
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Madelaine
by Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM

What a sweetie!  Looks like you got some great items!

TerriC
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM

She is a doll!  She looks like she is set for school!

alliesmom112
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:23 AM

what a cutie!! 

alliesmom112
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM

You all got some great outfits!! 

lalasmama2007
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Cute stuff!

MichelleK41
by Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Awwww she is so adorable!

copperswifey
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:11 PM

You got some very cute clothes! Good job! :)

.Angelica.
by Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM

cute pics!

johnny4ever
3 weeks till school starts!
27 minutes ago
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Cutie!

SweetPea2004
by Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I love what she picked

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)