Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Decked Out For the First Day of School

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter just had a birthday last month, so by the time we went back to school shopping, she was set with warm-weather clothes. What we needed from Target though, were a few fun pieces that she could layer and accessories to add a little extra oomph to her outfits.

Because she loves all things girly, she gravitated toward the t-shirts with sequins, the dresses with ruffles, and the bright pink headbands. She would have taken all of the glitteriest options, but I insisted she settle on just a few to start the new school year. I added a black cardigan with lace detail along the buttons to take her t-shirts into fall and winter, and a stretchy pair of Bermuda shorts that would match any top or tunic. We both agreed on an adorable pair of white and silver sneakers for gym class. She also needed pencils, so we snapped up the neon set that had a little more spunk than plain yellow #2s. And, a brand new, stylish lunch box was on the list, and she chose an adorable owl one that came with a reusable water bottle.

When we got home, we laid everything out, labeled the supplies, and tried on a few things (again). She decided that on the first day of school, she'd be wearing her new striped dress, and I think that's a fabulous idea. We loaded up her backpack with everything on the supply list, and the night before, I'll pack her lunch and include a special note for her to discover when she sits down to eat.

She's got everything she needs for that first day of school, and I think she's going to feel great in her new dress and headband. If that takes some of the first-day jitters away, well, I've done my job.

Gfunkified.com
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Replies (51-57):
Shaybay218
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:02 PM

A true fashionista...I think I spelled that right! She's a cutie

melissa7283
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
She is adorable!! (-:

Quoting GFunkified:

My daughter just had a birthday last month, so by the time we went back to school shopping, she was set with warm-weather clothes. What we needed from Target though, were a few fun pieces that she could layer and accessories to add a little extra oomph to her outfits.

Because she loves all things girly, she gravitated toward the t-shirts with sequins, the dresses with ruffles, and the bright pink headbands. She would have taken all of the glitteriest options, but I insisted she settle on just a few to start the new school year. I added a black cardigan with lace detail along the buttons to take her t-shirts into fall and winter, and a stretchy pair of Bermuda shorts that would match any top or tunic. We both agreed on an adorable pair of white and silver sneakers for gym class. She also needed pencils, so we snapped up the neon set that had a little more spunk than plain yellow #2s. And, a brand new, stylish lunch box was on the list, and she chose an adorable owl one that came with a reusable water bottle.

When we got home, we laid everything out, labeled the supplies, and tried on a few things (again). She decided that on the first day of school, she'd be wearing her new striped dress, and I think that's a fabulous idea. We loaded up her backpack with everything on the supply list, and the night before, I'll pack her lunch and include a special note for her to discover when she sits down to eat.

She's got everything she needs for that first day of school, and I think she's going to feel great in her new dress and headband. If that takes some of the first-day jitters away, well, I've done my job.

melissa7283
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM
My dd a fifth grader has to wear a school uniform (-: she still looks awesome!!!! Though n beautiful <3 hello to all mommies (-:
susannah2000
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

The ruffled Capris she is wearing at the store would look cute with the striped dress too.

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Very cute!

SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Just bought my boys a bunch of back-to-school clothes at Target last night :).

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Cute pics

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN