Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

what would you do?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:08 PM
  • 22 Replies

We just moved and my DH will not put anything together or help with any handyman projects I need done to get us settled in.  Then he has the nerve to complain because we are not unpacked. 

We are broke from moving, but would you ask for help from another person (man or woman) to help with some of the things so we can finish packing?  It has ben 4 weeks and our bed is not completely finished and shelves aren't on the wall.  Any suggestions?

I have tried doing it myself and some of it I cannot do(i tried). 

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NiCo86
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM
2 moms liked this
make him help!!!!!
momofsunshine77
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:35 PM

He won't - this is my problem.  We have gotten into screaming arguments over it.  Not worth the fight. 

Quoting NiCo86:

make him help!!!!!

NiCo86
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:38 PM
that's pretty shitty of him.

what exactly do you need done that you can't do?

do you have a brother? dad? cousin? that could help?

Quoting momofsunshine77:

He won't - this is my problem.  We have gotten into screaming arguments over it.  Not worth the fight. 

Quoting NiCo86:

make him help!!!!!

momofsunshine77
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I have no family here, so it would be someone elses husband or a handyman. I think one of my friends husband does stuff for people around the house.   I need shelves, my vacuum is broke - I cant fix it.  furniture put together - need someone to hold, etc. 

Quoting NiCo86:

Quoting momofsunshine77:

Quoting NiCo86:

make him help!!!!!

NiCo86
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM
hmmmmm any friends husbands you can borrow?

Quoting momofsunshine77:

I have no family here, so it would be someone elses husband or a handyman. I think one of my friends husband does stuff for people around the house.   I need shelves, my vacuum is broke - I cant fix it.  furniture put together - need someone to hold, etc. 

Quoting NiCo86:

Quoting momofsunshine77:

Quoting NiCo86:

make him help!!!!!

momofsunshine77
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I think so, but do you think that would be offensive or ok?  I feel kinda weird having another guy in here doing the stuff he is supposed to be doing.  I feel like I am stepping on his toes, but I need it done.  LOL

Quoting NiCo86:

Quoting momofsunshine77:

Quoting NiCo86:

Quoting momofsunshine77:

Quoting NiCo86:

make him help!!!!!

NiCo86
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
let it offend him, maybe hell get off his ass and do it??!!

Quoting momofsunshine77:

I think so, but do you think that would be offensive or ok?  I feel kinda weird having another guy in here doing the stuff he is supposed to be doing.  I feel like I am stepping on his toes, but I need it done.  LOL

Quoting NiCo86:

Quoting momofsunshine77:

Quoting NiCo86:

Quoting momofsunshine77:

Quoting NiCo86:

make him help!!!!!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess if he wants to sleep on the bed he will help finsih it. I would put your foot down and tell him he needs to help.

MABmommy
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
If it is causeig you guys to argue, I would say sit down and discuss the problem with him. Tell him you need this stuff to get done and he has a choice - either he can do it or you can "borrow" a friend's husband. If he says he will do it, agree on a deadline and if he doesn't follow through you ask for someone else's help. If he says to get someone else to help, he has no right to be offended because it was his choice
Trabrooke
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:16 AM

What is wrong with him make him help 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN