Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We just moved and my DH will not put anything together or help with any handyman projects I need done to get us settled in.  Then he has the nerve to complain because we are not unpacked. 

We are broke from moving, but would you ask for help from another person (man or woman) to help with some of the things so we can finish packing?  It has ben 4 weeks and our bed is not completely finished and shelves aren't on the wall.  Any suggestions?

I have tried doing it myself and some of it I cannot do(i tried). 

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
LAXmom21
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Why won't he help, what's his reasoning?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mimimom139
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Sounds like you have more problems than just a lazy husband. Why is it just your job to do all these  things? I learned to do a lot when I was married to my first husband, for the same reason as you. That's is one reason he's not my current husband. I guess it was a blessing in disguise. Fortunately, I'm married to a real man now, that does his part around the house and takes great care of his family! Don''t worry about "stepping on his toes". He's not too worried about yours. If he won't help, find someone who will. I could add more, but I feel a rant coming on. Good luck!

lazyd
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Has he given you a reason as to WHY he wont help??  Does he work a 100 hours a week?  LOL!

momofsunshine77
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:36 PM

LOL.  His only response is he will do it when he is ready or it doesn't really need to be done.  He does work long days, 12.5 hour shifts and drives about an hour each way.  He also flips from days to night shifts every week.  I know he is tired, but he has enough energy to play with the kids and go swimming and play video games, etc.  It is really annoying.  LOL

Quoting lazyd:

Has he given you a reason as to WHY he wont help??  Does he work a 100 hours a week?  LOL!

Diane1223
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:22 AM
Exactly!!!

Quoting NiCo86:

make him help!!!!!

dreamalong
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I had to pay someone to help me move.   There are a lot of people who will help for a few dollars.

Shelly126
by Michele on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I would get someone else to help and not give a second thought about stepping on his toes! @ this point I would care less if he was offended!
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

This

Quoting Shelly126:

I would get someone else to help and not give a second thought about stepping on his toes! @ this point I would care less if he was offended!

hockey21
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Do yourself a favor....sit back  and watch the stuff  un-load/un-pack itself, 

he see's you working your butt off getting arranged unpacked etc  he will expect you to cook and finish the job without him   so.....sit back and relax  he will get tired of the boxes/unpacked stuff and start to pick up, if he wants to eat..tell him  you are tired from all the unpacking  etc...he should get the hint  be tough...

splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:21 PM

If he wants the stuff done that badly then he needs to be helping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)