Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Would you have opened the door?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM
  • 22 Replies

W/ the Zimmerman trial in FL, I keep thinking of that episode of "Roseanne," "White Men Can't Kiss."  The one where DJ refused to kiss a black girl in the school play.  Anyway, @ the end of the episode, the girl's dad (who Roseanne didn't know) comes to the diner, kinda' angry, wanting to talk.  Anyway, it was after dark & the restaraunt was closed so they refused to open the door @ 1st until the man introduced himself.  Roseanne & Jackie then were asking themselves if skin color had something to do w/ their reaction to the guy.  Not trying to judge, just being honest w/ ourselves-would you have opened the door b/4 the guy said who he was?  Why/why not?

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof2Stepof3
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Honestly no matter skin color I wouldn't of answered the door. I have a dog here at the house but you never know what that person is thinking or what they have with them. If DH is home he answer the door.

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah, I'm with the PP. I wouldn't have answered the door for any man trying to come in after closing.
MichelleMc
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:36 PM
3 moms liked this

He was angry & pounding, it was after hours & it was a guy. I would have been leary for that, not the color of someones skin. I am not a man hater, but the pounding & angry, would have done it, period. 

At my house I have dogs & guns, I still would be leary of any strange guy coming to my door. I would have had the gun & the dogs and would want to know who they were & why were on my property before opening. Gun showing. 

Michelle, Body Combat Addict 
Proud Mom of Jonathan, Army Soldier and Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

Join us in the  Pennsylvania Moms group.

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM
4 moms liked this
Dude if he had been white and I didn't know him i wouldn't be opening a door to him. Skin color has nothing to do w being a serial rapist, or murderer or thief.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilRed2130
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It's got nothing to do with race. 

I don't care who you are man or woman if you come to my home late at night pounding on my door and I dont know you and I'm alone....I am not answering the door unless God himself tells me too IJS I have a child to protect.

tinakinakins
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

There was also an episode where a white man went into the restaurant, asked for a cup of coffee, gave roseanne an uneasy feeling, and grabbed roseanne by the neck of her shirt, put her down and walked out. After of course being obnoxious and weird.

MichelleMc
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah didn't she run & lock the door after he left or something?

Quoting tinakinakins:

There was also an episode where a white man went into the restaurant, asked for a cup of coffee, gave roseanne an uneasy feeling, and grabbed roseanne by the neck of her shirt, put her down and walked out. After of course being obnoxious and weird.

Michelle, Body Combat Addict 
Proud Mom of Jonathan, Army Soldier and Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

Join us in the  Pennsylvania Moms group.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here!

Quoting Jenn8604:

Dude if he had been white and I didn't know him i wouldn't be opening a door to him. Skin color has nothing to do w being a serial rapist, or murderer or thief.

mimimom139
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

If it's after closing, I wouldn't care if the guy was black, white, purple, or green, I wouldn't open the door.

gusgirl33
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

No I would not have answered the door but it has nothing to do with skin color. It was after hours and dark outside. I wouldnt have answered it for any body.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN