Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you have opened the door?

Posted by   + Show Post

W/ the Zimmerman trial in FL, I keep thinking of that episode of "Roseanne," "White Men Can't Kiss."  The one where DJ refused to kiss a black girl in the school play.  Anyway, @ the end of the episode, the girl's dad (who Roseanne didn't know) comes to the diner, kinda' angry, wanting to talk.  Anyway, it was after dark & the restaraunt was closed so they refused to open the door @ 1st until the man introduced himself.  Roseanne & Jackie then were asking themselves if skin color had something to do w/ their reaction to the guy.  Not trying to judge, just being honest w/ ourselves-would you have opened the door b/4 the guy said who he was?  Why/why not?

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Replies (21-22):
baileymarie723
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
This. Skin color wouldn't even be a factor.

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

Honestly no matter skin color I wouldn't of answered the door. I have a dog here at the house but you never know what that person is thinking or what they have with them. If DH is home he answer the door.

Momofmenagerie
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM
I don't open the door for ANYONE without verbal identification, and a peek outside my window.... Not even the postal service regardless of color, regardless of time of day.
Why? Because, no one uninvited should be at my door....ever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)