Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rant. Just needing to get things off my chest.

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM
  • 4 Replies
Well let me just start off by saying that my 17 year old sister is pregnant. When I was pregnant I was 19 out of school and had a year of college under my belt. When my mother found out I was pregnant she flipped and was telling my boyfriend at the time(husband now) that I was never going to finish school & that he had pretty much ruined my life. Every time me and my mother would fight me & my boyfriend would come home and there would be something else they were making us pay. I couldn't stand living here so we got out. A year & some months later my parents found out that my 17 year old sister was pregnant & all along they were letting her dropout boyfriend live in our house. My mother acted like and still acts like it is okay for her to be pregnant! which it isn't. She makes sure to always cater to her & treats me like I don't know how to raise my own child. She questions me on everything that I do but everything that my sister does is fine. While they live at home my parents do not make her boyfriend pay a single thing. He to them is like a god. He can never do anything wrong. He doesn't have a job so there for he cant afford to pay for a baby. I understand that you might come to terms with it eventually if your teen daughter got pregnant but even when you do finally come to terms you shouldn't be all happy making sure to tell everyone you see like it should be something to be proud of. Yes I know that some teen moms and great moms! I was pregnant when I was 19. But what my mom & sister don't understand is that her social life is pretty much over unless your friends who don't have babies want to hang out. As my mom & youngers sister get closer I feel as if me & my mom are drifting apart. Sorry if this was kind of spacey & jumbled but I am just stressed to the max with this!
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I'm sorry, yeah your mom is definitely taking a different approach to this pregnancy. I wonder why? No advice, sorry. I would talk to her if you think it would help.

cornillia2013
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Sounds like ur sister is her favorite! Nothing against u. My brother is my moms fav. Like for example..if I act in the same way my bro did,she bitches at me,but if its my brother,its ok baby. Lol well u did the right thing by moving out.its hard....cuz sometimes even talking doesn't work. I'd atleast tell her straight up how messed up she was.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:44 PM

This

Quoting goddess99:

I'm sorry, yeah your mom is definitely taking a different approach to this pregnancy. I wonder why? No advice, sorry. I would talk to her if you think it would help.

momma2be20947
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM

thanks! i will try talking to her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)