Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Are your parents very involved with your children?

Posted by   + Show Post

One of my best friends was really surprised this past weekend when my parents showed up to take my son out for the day. They live two hours away and decided to drive up and spend the day with my son.

She told me that her kids haven't seen their grandparents in several months and they only live a couple of miles away. Growing up, she said she never really spend time with her grandparents either.

How involved are your or your SO's parent's with your children?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Replies (31-34):
brinm
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:14 AM
My mom is very involved with my kids all the way down to what they eat. She helps, but how do i get my mom to back off sometime? I mean she can be over-bearing and controlling. I can't breathe. P.s talking doesnt help she doesnt listen.
pokemongirl0191
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:34 AM

mine try to spend as much time as they can with her. but my dad is a truck criver and is on the road monday to friday. so he only really sees her on the weekends. my mom too unless she has a day off during the week. My So's Parents see her all the time.  and we used to live with them too for a while. 

johnny4ever
Hiking!
Yesterday at 10:55 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:15 PM

No not at all

adi29
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:16 PM
My mom barely see my son,my husband mom has no contact with us. But my mom see my stepbrother son every other week and they have to go over the stateline to pick him up. And my mom only lives a few blocks away from my son and barely see's him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)