Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please tell me it's just a phase!

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:41 PM
  • 1 Replies

My daughter is 6 years old (turned 6 in March). I have always worked, so she has always been in daycare/school. She has never had any problems with seperation anything like that. She is very much a homebody, but will go spend the night places. She usually does well unless she has to stay more than a couple of nights...then she is ready to come home.

She just completed the kindergarten. She is in competitive gymnastics. She goes to practice 2 times a week. The only thing that  has changed since school has let out, is I don't take her to gymnastics, her daddy does on his way to work since she goes to practice during the day now instead of the evenings, since it's summer. And her grandmother or aunt pick her up from practice.

Anyway, lately she hasn't wanted to go anywhere! She cries whenever she has to go anywhere (even to her aunt's house). Once she gets there she is fine, but it's getting her there! Her coach asked me one day if she was still enjoying gymnastics (because she is competitive, but still wants them to have fun!) But she loves gymnastics, while we are home...that is all she ever talks about. She got a beam for her birthday and uses it all the time. She is always turning flips thoughout the house and onto the furniture! She says she still likes it, and can't tell me why she doesn't want to go!

If she only did this about gymnastics, I would consider pulling her from the team and just placing her in a recreational class, which is only 1 time a week for about an hour...but like I said earlier, she does this whenever she knows she is going somewhere that I will not be going!

I am hoping that it's just a phase! Once school starts back, we will be back to our normal schedule with gymnastics in the evening, so I will be able to take her.

Any advice? Suggestions? TIA!

2009sig.gif picture by fredregillc

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Hmm Idk. I don't want to go anywhere when it's really hot, could it be something simple like that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)