Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Pain in ovarian area, help?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM
  • 23 Replies
I am having severe pains right around my left ovary area. It is dull overall for a bit and then becomes increasingly more painful in short bursts. It becomes incredibly bad if I stand up and walk around, to the point of feeling like I am going to puke.

Last time I had pain like this, it was on the right. I ended up in the hospital and the male nurse I had told me it was a cyst, and there was "no reason it should hurt that bad" and implied that I was exaggerating.

I have taken an ibuprofen to try and help ease the pain, but it hasn't done much if anything at all. I don't have a heating pad or anything stronger so any suggestions to help me feel a little better?
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pam_8787
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Are you ovulating right now? Every now and then I have terribly bad pains during ovulation.
ccjennings
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:45 AM

sounds like ovarian cysts.  I had alot of issues with those but mine never ruptured it would be so bad i could not stand it would come and go. I would go to the doctor and they might schedual an ultrasound to see if that is it.  good luck

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Bump, Idk sorry

MJP76
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM

That's because he is a dude, and has NO IDEA what a cysts feels like.

i would agree that it's a cyst. Usually the majority of the paints felt when they burst. And the pain will continue for a day or two... If it lasts longer than that I'd see a doctor.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I would go to Dr and have it checked out.

Aireeahnah
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I can't be sure honestly, I am breastfeeding and
have only had one period since I gave birth to my daughter in July.

Quoting Pam_8787:

Are you ovulating right now? Every now and then I have terribly bad pains during ovulation.

Aireeahnah
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:53 AM

My mom said the same thing. He doesn't have any f*cking ovaries so of course he thinks they don't hurt..lol.

Maybe that's the case then, because it wasn't a steady growing pain, I just woke up all of the sudden and it was there.

I took a couple ibuprofen for now and it dulled it quite a bit. If it persists later on tonight I will probably make an appointment.

Quoting MJP76:

i would agree that it's a cyst. Usually the majority of the paints felt when they burst. And the pain will continue for a day or two... If it lasts longer than that I'd see a doctor.

CafeMom Tickers
jessegirl64
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I suffer from this same problem, it most oftenhappen after my period is done, the pain is so severe, with cramps in my leg area, I recently went to a doctor, who told me it was a cyst, and prescribed a contreceptive to perish it. I always used to take Ibro pro fen extra strengh for the pain, it usually go away within a hour. i hope you find a solution real quick, because I know how much it hurts.

MJP76
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:07 PM

If you just woke up with the pain today I'd give it until  thurs before you made an appointment.. Just because  it usually takes a day or two for it to dissipate...

ive had cysts since I started having a period at 13. But since I've turned 30 (I'm 37 now) I get them on a fairly regular basis... I think the worst one ever (sorry TMI coming at ya) is when one burst when DH and I were having sex. It literally felt like my insides were falling out every time I stood up... It kinda felt like cyst pain, but 20x worse.. I went to the ER and was embarrassed when they told me that my enzymes said that a cysts just burst.. But because of my enzyme levels, it had to be numerous cysts.. I was a little embarrassed because I had had them my whole life, and couldn't discern that on my own... LOL

Quoting Aireeahnah:

My mom said the same thing. He doesn't have any f*cking ovaries so of course he thinks they don't hurt..lol.

Maybe that's the case then, because it wasn't a steady growing pain, I just woke up all of the sudden and it was there.

I took a couple ibuprofen for now and it dulled it quite a bit. If it persists later on tonight I will probably make an appointment.

Quoting MJP76:

splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Sounds like cysts to me too. I've had them really bad this pregnancy. To the point that any movement nearly had me in tears. Obviously a male nurse would have no idea what it really feels like. 

I have yet to find anything that really does much. I get some relief when I press a cold water bottle onto the area that hurts though. I think its the combination of the coolness and the pressure.  Heat hasn't done much to help me honestly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN