Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What are your favorite girl names?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:45 AM
  • 37 Replies
I'm having a hard time finding anything I LOVE. We chose a boy name with no problem. But girl names are just so hard. Hoping I can get some inspiration from you ladies. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cornillia2013
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:06 AM
My best friend loves the name colleen. I love Samantha,Kimberly,Courtney,Aubrey,summer,Emily,Lilly,Nicole,Stephanie,Shelby,Jessica,Lauren,....if I ever have a daughter,I'm pretty sure her name will be Emily. O yea Emma....heather...hmmm....the list goes on lol
2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I like Deanna, Lexi, Darcy ..... 

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:53 AM
The big book of baby names is still the best resource
cindilou13
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM

What kind of name do you like?  Classic? Unique? Feminine? Trendy/Popular?

My DD's name is Eileen Renee (Eileen was my late mother's middle name, we just liked  the sound Renee with the first and last name).  I also liked the names Cierra, Paige, Lily/Lillianna, Julianna, Nicole, Leanna, Brooke, Evelyn...I like feminine names mostly although I know Paige isn't that feminine.  Although I know Eileen is pretty old fashioned, but that had a reason behind it.

The only thing I was absolutely dead set on avoiding was ultra-popular names and names that are unisex or actually boys' names, as well as made-up spelling of names. My name is spelled wrong by one letter and it's been a hassle all my life!

acb4415
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM

My favorite are Julianna,  Annalise, Gianna, Juliette, Lilanna, Evalin, Arianna, Jacqueline,  Natalia, Indianna, Vivienne, Atalia, Audrianna, 

Indiemom880
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Hadley, Harper, Blair, Stella, Piper, Peyton, Riley, Avery :-)

splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I like classic & feminine. I try to avoid trendy/popular. But... I guess both my kids could fall under that category. My son is Cameron Scott my daughter is Kaitlyn Rose. 

Made up spellings make me crazy! I don't know why people think they are "unique". 

Quoting cindilou13:

What kind of name do you like?  Classic? Unique? Feminine? Trendy/Popular?

My DD's name is Eileen Renee (Eileen was my late mother's middle name, we just liked  the sound Renee with the first and last name).  I also liked the names Cierra, Paige, Lily/Lillianna, Julianna, Nicole, Leanna, Brooke, Evelyn...I like feminine names mostly although I know Paige isn't that feminine.  Although I know Eileen is pretty old fashioned, but that had a reason behind it.

The only thing I was absolutely dead set on avoiding was ultra-popular names and names that are unisex or actually boys' names, as well as made-up spelling of names. My name is spelled wrong by one letter and it's been a hassle all my life!

splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Arianna is really pretty. We both like the name Aria but not sure it would work with the last name. I'm also worried its too popular because of the tv show. 

Quoting acb4415:

My favorite are Julianna,  Annalise, Gianna, Juliette, Lilanna, Evalin, Arianna, Jacqueline,  Natalia, Indianna, Vivienne, Atalia, Audrianna, 

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Oh you know I like unique names so I probably can't help you. But I also love old names: Dot, Betty, Anne

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Vivian

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN