Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Getting to Know You 7/18

Posted by   + Show Post

I haven't done one of these in forever! Thought this was a fun question..

What is something you learned in the last week?

Sarah: Mommy to 2 little monsters. ♥ Mom to Mom Group Mod.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
KRIZZ25
watch out who ur talking to ..wolves come in many coats ,colors,
Yesterday at 5:29 PM
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
that the kitty and dog like each other.thy both wont to play .
teaspring
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I learned that our boy cat and one of our girl cats have a secret crush on each other LOL!  My daughter told me she saw them "Eskimo kissing" when they didn't think anyone was looking... they usually act like they don't care much for each other, so we got a kick out of the "kissing!" LOL

whatmynameagain
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:03 AM
That our screen door sucks:( first the sliding screen got stuck and wouldn't open. Then Dh went to loosen it he and the screen fell through the doorway. Luckily he stumbled onto his feet and didn't get hurt, but we had a good laugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cindilou13
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM

That there IS a way to make a cents sign ¢ and a degree sign  ° on a computer keyboard.

seems like a silly thing but I type A LOT and didn't know this till now.

jujubear1
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM
That the people that used to live across the street from us were in a horrible accident last weekend and the little girl my dd used to play with was in critical condition with head injuries.
jujubear1
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:19 AM
How? I always wonder what happened to them.

Quoting cindilou13:

That there IS a way to make a cents sign ¢ and a degree sign  ° on a computer keyboard.

cindilou13
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Press the "ALT" key, hold it down, type 0162, let go of the alt key for cents sign, same thing except 0176 for degree sign. 

I saw a whole list the other day and by gosh they actually work.  Now it's a lot of keystrokes to use all the time, but sometimes I just really want those symbols!!!  On a laptop (on mine anyway), have to turn on the 'numlk' first and do it with the embedded 10 key numbers,  not with the numbers across the top. 

¢

°

Quoting jujubear1:

Quoting cindilou13:

jujubear1
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Cool. I wonder how they come up with some of these shortcuts. Idk if I will remember them without coming back to this reply lol.

Quoting cindilou13:

Press the "ALT" key, hold it down, type 0162, let go of the alt key for cents sign, same thing except 0176 for degree sign. 

I saw a whole list the other day and by gosh they actually work.  Now it's a lot of keystrokes to use all the time, but sometimes I just really want those symbols!!!  On a laptop (on mine anyway), have to turn on the 'numlk' first and do it with the embedded 10 key numbers,  not with the numbers across the top. 

¢

°

Quoting jujubear1:

Quoting cindilou13:

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I learned that my son no longer needs naps, and is a very well behaved child even without one. I also realized that when I'm having a problem figuring out what to make for my son the simplest solution is to go to him and ask. *giggles*

I made stuffed cabbage. It came out really well, and the best part is I remember the recipe that I used enough to make it again without having to bring it back up. I got it from food network, from their kitchens. It's really yummy. The only thing I did differently is that I didn't have all spice, and I didn't add the sour cream to the filling. 

Oh and I used canned sauce... Next time I will make my own.  I served them with sauce on top, and a dollop of sour cream with a sprinkle of parsley on top of that to add flavor and color.

CafeMom Tickers
benny1031
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:53 AM
How two faced some of the people that I work with can be and how one person inparticular can be such a backstabber and an ass kisser. I have worked with these peole for two years and they were not like this before. They have done nothing to me it has been to two other people. I work with all women and it kinda sucks now knowing what I know.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)