Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

i just wish....

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

i just wish i could be a great mom, have patience, teach my children not to behave the way they do because its embarrasing. yes i clean the house, cook dinner and am a human taxi & washing machine but its not enough. really just want to sit in a corner and hide so someone else sees what i do all day & have it matter. i feel like when they act up it is my fault in parenting and no matter how many star and behavior charts i use it doenst work. timeouts, warnings, taking things away dont phase them. (my 8 & almost 4 who looks like hes 6 year old)i dont know if its just the age or if its just me but i feel like im failing as a parent. just because they are fed and have a roof over their head doenst mean im a good one.

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:35 PM

My dd is two and has recently become a terror. When we go out and she behaves like a monster I do get embarrassed and I will admit patience is something I need to work on with her! But as far as it being my fault I do not really feel that way! Children have phases! When mine misbehave I pack up our meal and leave! I do the best I can and as long as I am acknowleging these actions as a parent and taking charge of the situation I feel I am doing the right thing! I am sure your not a bad mom! Kids go through things and stages and as long as your not letting them run wild then I feel your handling it! Being a parent is the hardest job we will ever have!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:01 PM

It may very well be a phase. One thing I always recommend and it has worked for most that I have spoken to, is to be consistent with expectations and consequences. Your children have to know that the expectation for behavior is always the same in any situation and you need to be accountable for making sure the consequences are consistent as well. Children will push to see what they can get away with especially if there is no consistancy.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I agree.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

It may very well be a phase. One thing I always recommend and it has worked for most that I have spoken to, is to be consistent with expectations and consequences. Your children have to know that the expectation for behavior is always the same in any situation and you need to be accountable for making sure the consequences are consistent as well. Children will push to see what they can get away with especially if there is no consistancy.

hockey21
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:42 PM

stop being so hard on yourself!..you are a good mother, you take care of your children and do a good job at it, just pace yourself  dont rush and hurry...slow down  and take time to  enjoy the kids, and treat yourself to some comfort when they are asleep, when the kids act up  tell them you are going to count to 3 and then explain about a 'time-out' put them each in a corner until they calm down and behave explain that in order to get a 'special treat' they have to 'help mom' and behave like good kids...just dont blame yourself..raising kids isnt easy but  show them you are in control...be tough when you have to  and relax for you  you are a good mom....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN