Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Houses Hunting!

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:48 PM
  • 3 Replies

Any advice!?!

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

YES!!

First and foremost, make sure the foundation is solid. Then check for any water damage and leaks. Make sure your big ticket items like A/C (if applicable), water heaters and furnaces are well kept and working. Check the insulation and windows, this will make a difference in your energy bills. Ask if the appliances come with the home. If there are any issues, is the seller willing to repair them. Make sure your agent is truly working for you. Always, always, always insist on a home inspection when you make an offer. I would never buy a home without first having an inspection, you are gambling with a lot of money if you buy without knowing if there are any underlying issues. Don't use and  inspector your agent recommends either. Do your research and find an inspector with a solid reputation.

I think that is pretty much all I can think of right now...lol

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Great advice! She said it all!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

YES!!

First and foremost, make sure the foundation is solid. Then check for any water damage and leaks. Make sure your big ticket items like A/C (if applicable), water heaters and furnaces are well kept and working. Check the insulation and windows, this will make a difference in your energy bills. Ask if the appliances come with the home. If there are any issues, is the seller willing to repair them. Make sure your agent is truly working for you. Always, always, always insist on a home inspection when you make an offer. I would never buy a home without first having an inspection, you are gambling with a lot of money if you buy without knowing if there are any underlying issues. Don't use and  inspector your agent recommends either. Do your research and find an inspector with a solid reputation.

I think that is pretty much all I can think of right now...lol

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Oh good luck! I've never bought a house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN