Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help freezing dinners??

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'm new to cooking just started 3 years ago so please don't bash I'm not very good and I think its because I just don't have time so I'm thinking of preparing 2-3 weeks of meals in a day where my kids dad can watch the kids

So my question is how do I do this... I prepare home made hamburger helper type stuff then what and its good for how long
Taco meat
Breads
Casseroles
Any other meal ideas to freeze and how do I store them is a ziploc container OK? Thanks ladies
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
goldilocksbecky
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM

There are basically two approached to freezer cooking.  One is to prep meals and freeze the ingredients, uncooked, so that everything is ready to cook (often in the crockpot, but sometimes stovetop or oven).  The other is to cook the food so that it simply has to be heated up.  Some people do a combination of the two, depending on the specific dish.

Some things freeze better than others.  In general, dishes that have more flavor/spices and more moisture do the best.  Think sauces.  Somethings do not freeze and reheat well at all. 

You can google things like freezer meals, freezer cooking, OAMC, once a month cooking, etc. and find many ideas.

Indiemom880
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

One thing that does well in the freezer is meatloaf. I make meatloaf with pickle juice in it and it's to die for. I always make a second whenever I make one and freeze the second for later. I think soups and chili freeze really well too.

Making a double batch and freezing the rest really helps save time!

I'm still learning about freezer meals myself so I can't give you super great advice yet :-)

britmichele
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Ooo. Recipe?

Quoting Indiemom880:

One thing that does well in the freezer is meatloaf. I make meatloaf with pickle juice in it and it's to die for. I always make a second whenever I make one and freeze the second for later. I think soups and chili freeze really well too.

I'm still learning about freezer meals myself so I can't give you super great advice yet :-)

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I would love the recipe!

Quoting britmichele:

Ooo. Recipe?

Quoting Indiemom880:

mama232011
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)