Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

NEED HELP ASAP

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:36 AM
  • 19 Replies

MY 18 MONTHS OLD HAS A FEVER OF 102.3 SHES HAD A FEVER ALL DAY BUT NOT THIS HIGH SHLD I TAKE HER TO THE ER OR JST GIVE HER MEDICINE AND SEE IF IT GOES AWAY???

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msmabern
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Take he to ER
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msmabern
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Take her to ER
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
benny1031
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM
If the fever has not gone down with meds or has not gone away you must take them in!!!! Take them to the er.
lillucky8
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:57 AM

i'd call the on call doc and give her tylenol or advil asap!

kbutton24
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Have you called the on call? Given her meds? 

SouthernMamaof1
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't. My DS has ran fevers much higher than that. Have you tried a room temperature bath? Are you alternating fever reducers?
goldilocksbecky
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Honestly, i wouldnt go to the ER for a 102.3 temp in an 18 month old.  It would be different if she was under 6 months or if her temp was 104 and you couldn't get it down or if she had other urgent symptoms.

What have you tried to bring it down?  What other symptoms does she have?  

You can alternate Tylenol and Motrin, so she has something ever 2 hours, dress her in very ligh clothing, put her in a lukewarm bath and make sure she strays hydrated (popcicles and cool drinks also help to lower her temp). Try all of those first and if you can keep it below 102 or 103, then I wouldn't go to the ER unless there are other urgent symptoms besides the fever.  If she still has it Sunday night, go to you doctor on Monday.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM

This

Quoting goldilocksbecky:

Honestly, i wouldnt go to the ER for a 102.3 temp in an 18 month old.  It would be different if she was under 6 months or if her temp was 104 and you couldn't get it down or if she had other urgent symptoms.

What have you tried to bring it down?  What other symptoms does she have?  

You can alternate Tylenol and Motrin, so she has something ever 2 hours, dress her in very ligh clothing, put her in a lukewarm bath and make sure she trays hydrated (popcicles and cool drinks also help to lower her temp). Try all of those first and if you can keep it below 102 or 103, the I wouldn't go to the ER unless there are other symptoms besides the fever.  If she till has it Sunday night, go to you doctor on Monday.

Nessa-2
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM

her tempature went up to 102.5 at 5 am but i was able to get it down now she is back to normal :) thank you all for ur help 

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Glad she's feeling better. It's so scary when the LOs get sick.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)