Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Children's clothing

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 4:54 PM
  • 25 Replies

Where do you buy the majority of your children's clothing? How much do you spend on items? What are your fave brands? Do you hand it down? Donate it? Resell?

If money wasnt an issue, would you change your buying habits?

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM

walmart, resell shops, JcPenney (when they have sales and I have coupons). She is only four and I dont like spending a lot of money on something that will get worn for less than a year.

famiglia_bella
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Target, Kohl's, Forever 21, Old Navy.  Just pass it down to siblings or cousins, or donate it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I don't think I would change my buying habits. I buy most of my dd's clothes from JCP and Maurices, sometimes Goodwill or Walmart.
SRUsarahSC
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I trade off tons of clothes with my best friend...she had a girl, a year later I had one, then a year later she had one...I buy ,Oslo used at secondhand stores.  It's not about not having the money to buy new, it's about getting more bang for your buck and being environmentally friendly.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I buy from Childs Place, Old Navy, Penneys, Once upon a child, etc..
I hand me down.
SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Fav brands are Mini Boden and Tea Collection.  Cost varies a great deal but I never pay full price for anything.  I doubt I would change anything even if money wasn't an issue.  I have no desire to spend a lot of money on clothes.

AMCMSM
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 2:01 AM
I shop all over. I really like Naartjie and Pumpkin Patch. I also like H&M, Gymboree and I ave been buying on Zulilly a bit lately.
splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:46 AM

The majority of their clothes come from Gymboree and Crazy 8. Occasionally if I see something elsewhere for cheap that I love I will buy it. But, honestly I pay way less at Gymboree and Crazy 8 than I would at consignment or Walmart.  I don't spend more than $7 for sweaters, coats, vests dresses, etc. Shirts usually not more than $5-6. I buy a good chunk of their shoes there for $5 or less. The only thing I spend more on is their jeans I normally get them for my son for $7-11. 

When the kids have outgrown I go through and sell the really good condition stuff. Whatever doesn't sell I pass down to nieces and nephews or donate. 

If money wasn't an issue I don't think I would change my habits. I love being able to find such good quality stuff for so cheap. I love even more that when I resell I can make back enough to buy the next season of clothes. Quite often I get back more than I paid for their used clothes. It makes me feel sort of accomplished! lol

Indiemom880
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Mini boden and tea collection are faves of mine too. Pricey, but cute. Although I had a hard time finding stuff I liked at Boden the past couple seasons aside from neutral staples like jeans and jean capris. My oldest just grew into Abercrombie Kids sizes, so that's exciting for me. I love Abercrombie (and they actually have pretty good sales), but I think I'm too old to wear it without looking silly :-)

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Fav brands are Mini Boden and Tea Collection.  Cost varies a great deal but I never pay full price for anything.  I doubt I would change anything even if money wasn't an issue.  I have no desire to spend a lot of money on clothes.

bayliesmommy
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I'm very thrifty when it comes to her clothes. I rarely spend more then $5 on shirts and $10 on jeans. I shop The Childrens Place, Kohls, gymboree, and once upon a child sometimes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN