Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boundaries

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM
  • 4 Replies
So I'm kind of sad. My mom and I are in a fight and not talking it's a long story. But anyways, I've created some boundaries between myself and her. So I created a "grandparents day" where my mom and her bf get my 19 month old son once a week from 10am to 3 pm. Honestly I've never been away from my son that long. Maybe it sounds corny. But I'm going to miss him a lot. And I don't know what to do with myself besides clean the house and maybe take a nap to fill in that time that's he's gone. Any ideas.. Does anyone else do this once a week where their away from their children that long? I don't work, I'm a stay at home mom so that is my job kind of...
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
3sillykids
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:38 PM

go to a yoga class. take a bath. take a walk. read a good book.Grocery shop alone. See a movie. So many things I can think of when you have hours of peace and quiet!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Go get your hair or nails done. My mom watches my dd while I grocery shop every Friday.

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I would probably take it as a chance to do volunteer work.

flowerchild0315
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I understand how you feel, however it is a great thing you are doing.  Its good to have a break even if you do not feel as though you need one and most of all it is important for your child to also have a break from you.  There are so many things you can do.  I would say its good to do housework however that will always be there.  Take this time to do somehing just for you, you deserve it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)