Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My husband and I are no longer on the same page!

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM
  • 37 Replies

My DH and I have the same views and values and mostly agree on how we are raising our children.

Lately, he is being more lax with the rules. While, I don't think everything should be a battle, we have very clear defined rules in our home for our children as well as clear consequences.

I think that him being lax is sending the wrong message to our youngest son, who seems to think he can get away with anything now, while I am trying to not let things get out of hand. Give a child an inch and they will try and take a mile. His response "little boys need to run wild" sometimes.

Are you and your DH/SO on the same page when it comes to the kids or do you argue about how to raise/discipline them? 

How do you resolve this issue?

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catevincesmom
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

We pretty much agree.  And we are a good checks & balances for each other.  If one gets too lax or too strict, we'll back each other up in front of the kids but take other parent aside & explain our concerns later out of kids' earshot.  Usually, the concerned parent is in the right. 

LilRed2130
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:26 PM

DH and I argue a little bit. I feel he blows the little things out of proportion...like bed wetting.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:01 PM
My situation is slightly different. My dd's bio dad is not in the picture much so he never says anything and leaves everything up to me, which is great. My dh lets me lead the way but he backs me and if he says something to her I back him. My major problem is I forget. We'll take away her laptop or whatever for a few days but by the next day, I have forgotten.
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:18 AM

We are on the same page. We back the other parent up. If we have an issue with something the other did, we discuss it in private, not in front of the kids. We are a united front when it comes to the kids.

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Hub and I are pretty good about it.  He pretty much hands over the reins to me. 

othermom
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM

We are usually on the same page. Occasionally one of us will be a little more lax or strict.

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM
We are on the same page.
meg978
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:54 AM

My fiance and I dont have to dispint to much since we only have a 14 month old. But when we do like saying no or something when my DD is going to touch something she shouldnt he trys to be to strict and we will argue alittle. Its is hard cuz your husband was raised one way and you were raised one way. In the end you two do have to come to a dicision and if you can at that very moment when the kids go to bed you guys can talk about it and decide what to do and then punish ur DS the next day.  Come up with a simple punchiment for the time being like no tv. You to being on samed page is Very important and you dont want to show the kids you lost control on the page level. The can always make the sitiuation harder.

chattycassie
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I have the same problem with forgetting the punishments. I have started writing it down on the calendar. I would ground them from the phone or whatever for 2 days and forget the next day...... :)

Quoting goddess99:

My situation is slightly different. My dd's bio dad is not in the picture much so he never says anything and leaves everything up to me, which is great. My dh lets me lead the way but he backs me and if he says something to her I back him. My major problem is I forget. We'll take away her laptop or whatever for a few days but by the next day, I have forgotten.

2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this
For the most part we're on the same page, if we disagree, we do our best to take the disagreement behind closed doors, the second they know you're divided, y'all lost the battle IMHO
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN