Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

When was the last time you got a ticket?? (PIOG)

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 15 Replies

THIS WEEKEND! Bleh

Sorry, didn't mean to shout but seriously, I was like 2 miles from home and wasn't paying attention to my speed and he got me. No warning, no checking for prior tickets, which I don't have, just here is your ticket have-a nice day. Jerk...lol

Yeah, yeah, I know I am in the wrong. I know it is dangerous, but dangit, he could've given me a warning. Pfft.

Okay pity party over. Make me feel better and tell me when was the last time you had a ticket. Did you pay it? Fight it? Was it for speeding or something else? 

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pattigirl36
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I live in ct and just last month, I was driving to do over time for my job and the State trooper pulled over saying reg was suspended, he said due to insurance but i'm like no way it come's right out of our acct. To make a long story short CT law gives you 10 days to ethier turn your plates in or reg them plates to another car, well I come from RI and didn't know the laws and sure enough it was suspended and I had too pay 200 to get my reg back and a ticket of 113 dollars which I am going to fight but, I was lucky he didin't tow Me because by law he could have.. They're making the money in this state because I'm seeing alot of this now here in CT.

TimetoMomUp
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:24 PM

A few weeks ago.  My first ever. :-(

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM

It's been years, speeding ticket, I just paid it.

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:52 PM

The last time was in 2008, speeding ticket.  I wanted to ask for it to be waived because of my good record but I didn't know how to properly fight it so I ended up paying it.  Oh well!  Getting tickets is the worst!  Ok, maybe not the worst but it still stinks!!  Sorry!

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Bummer, sorry!!

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

A few weeks ago.  My first ever. :-(

britmichele
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM
About 3 months ago. I went to court, got it reduced, then paid it. I hate state patrol, they're the worst!
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:15 AM

About 2 years ago for speeding. I went the deferred adjudication route and paid a fee to the court. After 3 months without any other incidents it was stricken from my record.

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Ummm. About 6 years ago I was speeding but I didn't get a ticket for that. I couldn't find my insurance card so I got one. It got waived when it went to the PD with the ticket and the insurance card.

The kicker was at the time I was dating my now DH who is a policeman and ended up eating dinner with the PO that gave me the ticket.

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I have gotten one in my life at 18.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I never have. I don't drive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN