Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

mouth old baby

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hi everyone I just found out my baby has Thrush and I have medicine to rub on his mouth I'm confused I clean his bottles and boil the nipples. I was told its a yeast infection how does a baby get this and would it come back. Anyone's child ever had this? Thanks All 

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Could come from his bottle or his milk. I could come from being on medication such as antibiotics. My third son had a case of thrush. Hope your baby is better soon.
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Bump, never had that problem. Hope he feels better soon.

britmichele
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Some kids have more yeast in their bodies. Its not serious :) the medicine works pretty quickly. if you're breastfeeding at all, make sure you treat your nipples also
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Meh it happens, my friend's youngest had thrush, she was Breast Fed.  It was a pain to get rid of, but she did ok with it

OliviasMommy611
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Sometimes it happens. No big deal, just use the medication your doctor prescribed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MTSuperMomof4
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:54 AM

My daughter had thrush!! It was horrible. She didn't get enough lactose in her diet...which caused the yeast to build up. She was lactose intolerant. So there wasn't anything I could do. I did buy Genitian Violet (sp?). I had a purple baby but it treated the issues.

meg978
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM

My daughter did to when she was a few weeks old and she hasnt got it back since. You should wash everything she has used every time she uses it and be very careful cuz anyone can catch it. It usually happens if you baby is on formula

meg978
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM

and   if you are using a cotton swab dont re use it in the botle cuz you will contaminate the bottle. different cotonsswab for every swipping

meg978
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM

babys can also get cranky too with thrush which is normal

splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I don't have any experience with it but here is a bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN