Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

For the gated community momma's

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 6 Replies
We live in a gated community which entails hefty association fees. Dh and I were talking. We live in a culd-a-sac, and on our street alone (about 12 homes) there are 20 kids. Every time we go outside our home we are bombarded by kids. They go into our garage, play in our front yard, use toys that we have in our garage without asking, knock on our door 24/7, etc. The parents don't seem to control their kids. Over the weekend a neighbor kid walked into our house through our garage door. The mom didnt know where the child was. I told the kid to go tell mom that they were over here. I would never ever let my children do anything (mentioned above) because I think it's just rude. We live in a gated community for privacy and pay a good amount to keep private. This set up reminds me of a sorority (yes, I was in one) where rumor is you "pay for friends". I feel that our neighbors feel that since they pay to live here they feel entitled to know what's going on in others lives, and that garages, toys, etc are community property.
Is it just our neighborhood or what???
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Kids are like that here too. There are always strange kids playing in the yards, and it's like all the toys are community toys, I hate that.

LSeabolt1982
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Llike that on my street too. What pisses me off most is My DH and I work hard to provide nice things for our kids. My kids are taught to take care of their things and if they dont they dont play with said toy. Neighborhood kids are NOT taught that and they destroy my kids stuff. PISSES ME OFF

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM

We don't live in a gated community but its the same way in my neighborhood. I consider it living in community and I love it!

Erna2
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Wow! It's not like that here at all! There are a lot of kids here, but we have never had a problem with them going in our garage or yard for that matter. My kids have left their stuff outside on numerous occations and no one messes with anything. I couldn't/wouldn't live like that.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM
No, it's the opposite here
Ali_Clarke
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM

We recently moved to a gated house in a gated community (I don't really know why they built it like that, we just really liked the house so we ignored the "double gate") so it's virtually impossible for that any more but in our old gated community we would occasionally have a child at our door but not to your extreme. Sorry! Hope you think of a solution.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN