Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Almost 5cm dilated. Anyone else go through this??

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:47 AM
  • 10 Replies
Ive been having contractions since yesterday. Which i have been doing this for a month now, contractions for 2 days straight then none for 3 days. Every week i go to my drs appointment i am a cm more dilated than i was the week before. I am now 4cm. I went to my drs apt today and she checked me & told me i was a good 4 cm dilated im 50% effaced and she said she felt the babys head and actually moved it but the head was not engaged (obviously bc she was able to move it). She said labor is very near and expects a baby within 2 days. I am pregnant with number 4 and i am still having contractions but nothing real real painful and they arent regular. Ive just always heard @ 4 cm dilated u are n labor and should b at the hospital? Im a lil confused. With my others i had very very quick labors (6hrs, 5hrs, & 4hrs) but never pre dilated to 4. 3cm yes but not 4. She said i was a good 4 almost 5cm. Im just wondering y im not in the hospital gettn ready to deliver. I am 38wks preg by the way. The dr wants to induce next week but says i will deliver before then.
Additional Details

My irregular contractions are changing my cervix... every week im one cm more dilated. The dr says the contractions im having are dilating me. They just arent regular. I am 4 cm now almost 5. Last wk i was almost 4 wk before that i was 2 and week before that i was half a cm.16 hours agoOh & dont know if this matters but lost my mucus plug 3 weeks ago. How soon do u think i could have this baby? I am 38 wks and 2 days prego.
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I think at 4 cm. you should be in the hospital. If your pains get any harder time-able or not, go to the hospital.

amonkeymom
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I think you'll be having this little one at any time.  I say if the pains become more regular or become painful or move around to your back that you get to the hospital asap.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck, please update us when you have the baby =)

chasity19889
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Do you all think ill make it another week? Have any of u had a simular situation?
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Idk, I've never been in that situation.

splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Maybe they just aren't admitting you because you aren't having regular enough/ close enough contractions? They also may not be pushing it since you are still almost 2 weeks from your due date. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
You won't go another week. That would be shocking.
penguinzombz
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I was 4 cm dilated for two weeks, then went to an appt at 36 weeks 6 days and was 5, almost 6 cm. I went to the hospital at 37 weeks 1 day and had my daughter the next day. The Dr said that even though I wasn't technically in active labor, he was keeping me because if my water broke at home it would likely be too late to get to the hospital.
mileysmom331
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:31 PM
id go to the hospital cause with my first, i was induced at 39 weeks at noon that day they started the cervidil at 1 i was having hard contractions by 11 the next day my water broke i was 3cm, by 3pm the same day i was 4cm an hour later she was out lol, and that was with my first with this being ur 4th buddy id demand to be in the hospital
CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
chasity19889
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Thank you all for sharing your stories advice & oppinions! I am still pregnant! I go back to the dr on the first which is in 2 days. I can not believe i am still pregnant!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)