Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband thinks I should never have "me" time?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have 3 kids at home, and work full time. I do not drink or party, I'm 40 yrs old, so been there, done all that. All my mom friends have monthly gatherings at each others houses to hang out, and everyone brings a dish to eat. Or if there is a birthday, I may get an invite to go out to dinner with some girlfriends. My husband completely disagrees that I should ever want to be away from my children, even for 2 hours. He gives me guilt trips and tries to make me feel like a bad mom. He has no friends or desire to go anywhere other than work, so he doesn't understand why I might need a break. Am I wrong?
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
OliviasMommy611
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM
And I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM
And I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lazyd
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

NO you are NOT wrong.  You deserve to go out at least once a week!  With or without your husband, but you at least need to go out WITHOUT your kids!  Tell your husband to stuff it.  I am also anti social, probably like your husband, BUT I still do "alone" time.  I even take weekend trips up to the mountains by myself.  I even encouraged my hubby to go out with his friends even if I didn't want to go.  It is good to get away.  

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM
3 moms liked this

I would just go, seriously!  He can only make you feel guilty if you let him.

thatgirl70
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

He's a fool. Now my DH does get a bit of a chuckle when I say that I need to go out and have some "me time," but he understands and he doesn't have issue with it. When he's home, he generally prefers to stay home (but he's an oilfield worker and he's gone alot), but with me being around our son 24/7, I like to get away every now and then.

youdontdefineme
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Self serving, selfish and no sympathy or empathy for your needs. I am over 40 and my child is raised luckily and I did it by myself. It is now ME time and if noone likes it, i say.....KISS MY ASS! just sayin'. You deserve "you" time for sure. You can't let him isolate you because "he is". Go get yourself a few friends go out for four hours and tell him he is home anyways so he can watch the kids. Period. Selfishness shouldn't be in a marriage with 3 kids.

Trabrooke
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Omg no you are not that's his choice if he does not want to go out  don't let him guilt you   You need you time 

momofsunshine77
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:22 AM

no you are not wrong, my DH is identical to yours.  He doesn't do anything but go to work and spend time with us, and he gives me guilt trips too.  LOL    The only difference between you and me is I stay home ALL the time.  It is hard.  I told him when I find a job I will be working in overtime to cover home and work.  I admire that you can do both!!  

LAXmom21
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Not wrong everyone, even your DH, needs alone time and we all need friends. Why doesn't he have any friends, has he ever had friends?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kearaloves1
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:28 AM

no just pray he understands the importance of having balance in life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)