Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My husband thinks I should never have "me" time?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have 3 kids at home, and work full time. I do not drink or party, I'm 40 yrs old, so been there, done all that. All my mom friends have monthly gatherings at each others houses to hang out, and everyone brings a dish to eat. Or if there is a birthday, I may get an invite to go out to dinner with some girlfriends. My husband completely disagrees that I should ever want to be away from my children, even for 2 hours. He gives me guilt trips and tries to make me feel like a bad mom. He has no friends or desire to go anywhere other than work, so he doesn't understand why I might need a break. Am I wrong?
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
dancingthrulife
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:57 PM

no..your dh need some help..xoxo go see ur friends..

mrsjksimmons
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:00 PM

No. If I had friends, I'd have me time.

CowgirlMama0508
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:06 PM
My hubby is oilfield too!!

Shoot I'd go nuts if I didn't have time to myself. With my hubby being gone 2 weeks a month and me being here with our 3 kids 24/7...when he gets home he makes sure and keeps the kids while I go get my hair done or my nails done. Hell one time I just wanted to go walk around Walmart by myself LMAO

Quoting thatgirl70:

He's a fool. Now my DH does get a bit of a chuckle when I say that I need to go out and have some "me time," but he understands and he doesn't have issue with it. When he's home, he generally prefers to stay home (but he's an oilfield worker and he's gone alot), but with me being around our son 24/7, I like to get away every now and then.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:27 AM

LOL, I'll be honest with you, the majority of the time, that's what I do, go to Walmart, or I'll go run errands. Once I treated myself to a movie (might do that again next time something I want to see is playing). But he'll crack me up (sometimes annoy, LOL) when an hour later he's texting me and asking me to bring home Subway or something. I tell him "I'm not returning home anytime soon..."

Oh, mine doesn't have a set schedule, he's always on call so we never know too far ahead of time when he's going to be able to be home, unless we have vacation time planned out (and even then it can be questionable until the last minute almost). They've been working him almost non-stop since mid-June, aside from the 3 day vacation we had at the beginning of this month (and we're about to take a 10 day vacation starting Saturday).

Quoting CowgirlMama0508:

My hubby is oilfield too!!

Shoot I'd go nuts if I didn't have time to myself. With my hubby being gone 2 weeks a month and me being here with our 3 kids 24/7...when he gets home he makes sure and keeps the kids while I go get my hair done or my nails done. Hell one time I just wanted to go walk around Walmart by myself LMAO

Quoting thatgirl70:

He's a fool. Now my DH does get a bit of a chuckle when I say that I need to go out and have some "me time," but he understands and he doesn't have issue with it. When he's home, he generally prefers to stay home (but he's an oilfield worker and he's gone alot), but with me being around our son 24/7, I like to get away every now and then.

s.osborne
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:32 AM

FUCK.THAT.

Lovingmommy1028
by Vanessa on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM

i would have a talk with & tell him how you feel i hope everything works out for you but your husband is wrong for treating you like that 

La_Vie_en_R0se
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:14 AM

No, you are not wrong.  I unfortunately know a lot of men like this and it drives me crazy.  Some of my girlfriends' husbands make them feel guilty for even grocery shopping without their kids, let alone going out by themselves.  I am so thankful that my husband understands the value that spending time with my girlfriends brings to my life.  I would hate to live like that. 

brannew
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:32 AM

No you are not wrong.  Sound like he is tryng to control your individuality.

pristine729
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:34 AM
No, you're not wrong.
AMRios
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Well then you have a free babysitter... Let him try to guilt trip you and on your way out give them all a big kiss and hug and say see ya later!! Go have fun! You deserve it! He will get over it... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)