Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Before you buy your kids sneakers...

Posted by   + Show Post
Ps the shoe store I buy my girls school shoes told me that younger girls are buying the sneakers with the hidden wedge inside so when they go to an amusement park they make the height requirement!

Can you imagine! How dangerous!
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
SweetPea2004
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I really don't like those shoes.

ProudMommaBear
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:15 AM

its very easy to tell which sneakers are actual sneakers or which ones have wedges lol. i mean cmon, someone can't be that blind to what shoes their young child picks out...

jessi2girls
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

platforms are becoming increasingly popular for younger children.. i tried to find a pair of dress shoes for my 5 year old.. I looked in 5 stores before I found a pair that I liked that weren't platform/wedge shoes.. 

and not, it's not done because of the amusement park.. it's done because too many parents want mini me's in mini dresses and heels...

I'd be more worried about the damage to thier backs walking around like that all day (and yes I wear heels every day myself, but I'm an adult, lol.. and yes, I'm a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to this). 

gilleje
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I completely agree with jessi2girls.... we had one girl whose parents actually sent her on a field trip to a CAMP with them... OMG!!! 

All I can think of is broken or sprang ankles... these little girls are still developing... and these shoes are only developing foot issues... future podiatry patients...

UGG and Sketchers actually calls them "Daddyz Money"  I so completly take offense to that... is a 2 parent household that rare that Dads are only good for their $$$... less I digress...

snowpeasmom
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:37 AM
I bought my son cowboy boots for That reason.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Yup pretty common knowledge.  I wish they made them for boys so I could do this for my son.

AA2.0
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:30 AM
3 moms liked this

This made me LOL! And honestly, my first thought is, "really? Is this THAT big of a deal that it needs to be featured on the main page of CM? Smh. lol

Quoting jadedcynic:

I'm sure there's a rampant black market in wedge sneakers to gain the one or two inches in order to ride the rides at the amusement park. rolling on floor

LisaSmock
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this

i dont care how tall my kid is  hes not going on any scarry rides  not until he can drive himself  and buy his tix  with out me there to smack him upside the head and pull him away

LisaSmock
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:03 AM
does your girl have big feet? my mom could never find flat dress shoes for me because i was a size 8 1/2 or 9 ladies shoe in 6th grade by jr high size 10 still a size 10 now
Quoting jessi2girls:

platforms are becoming increasingly popular for younger children.. i tried to find a pair of dress shoes for my 5 year old.. I looked in 5 stores before I found a pair that I liked that weren't platform/wedge shoes.. 

and not, it's not done because of the amusement park.. it's done because too many parents want mini me's in mini dresses and heels...

I'd be more worried about the damage to thier backs walking around like that all day (and yes I wear heels every day myself, but I'm an adult, lol.. and yes, I'm a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to this). 

cocoroo
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Those shoes are hideous. 

barrelracer1699
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:57 AM

Would take some one really not looking to realize they are not heels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)