Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Before you buy your kids sneakers...

Posted by   + Show Post
Ps the shoe store I buy my girls school shoes told me that younger girls are buying the sneakers with the hidden wedge inside so when they go to an amusement park they make the height requirement!

Can you imagine! How dangerous!
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Replies (41-50):
jessi2girls
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:08 AM
My oldest is about a size 10/11 in little girls.. (hasn't even moved up to grown up sizes yet, lol).. and my youngest is between a 6-8 in little girls (probably closer to an 8 now.. I'm going shoe shopping later this week for her, so we'll find out then! lol). So, no, not like they are in the adult section trying to find nice dress flats.. heck I think when I looked in the adult section for me there were more flats than there were in the kids section!!! lol.
Quoting LisaSmock:

does your girl have big feet? my mom could never find flat dress shoes for me because i was a size 8 1/2 or 9 ladies shoe in 6th grade by jr high size 10 still a size 10 now
Quoting jessi2girls:

platforms are becoming increasingly popular for younger children.. i tried to find a pair of dress shoes for my 5 year old.. I looked in 5 stores before I found a pair that I liked that weren't platform/wedge shoes.. 

and not, it's not done because of the amusement park.. it's done because too many parents want mini me's in mini dresses and heels...

I'd be more worried about the damage to thier backs walking around like that all day (and yes I wear heels every day myself, but I'm an adult, lol.. and yes, I'm a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to this). 

malibucj
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I don't think one or two inches is really going to make a difference on the rides. It is when it is significant inches that it poses a danger.

Lemotprincesses
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM

That is awful! Thanks for making us aware:)

got3boyz
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I seen those on TV.  I don't understand how that can be good for a young girl's feet.

AMRios
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I have never heard of this... Pretty slick though!

Raeann11
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Never heard of this!
redbutterfly666
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM

whats the issue though lol i dont get it, i hate the way the shoes look 

acrogodess
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Well, good thing dd hates rides and I don't spend money taking her to amusement parks. Whew.

housewifehell
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Wow that is scary and the fact that parents would allow it is more scary.  I think these shoes are just plain stupid and dangerous just for walking these kids are way too young to be wearing what equates to being 4-6 inch heals. I am sure there will be a lawsuit not long from now over the injury that children suffer from wearing them.

nermall1102
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this

i had no idea that they were putting hidden wedges in girls sneakers. its so wrong on so many levels for the manufactors of girls shoes to put hidden wedges in them. thank you so very much for posting this. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)