Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Is she being inappropriate?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM
  • 87 Replies
1 mom liked this

My best friend has always had 2 girls only weekends a year. She has done this for as long as I can remember. I have even went with her on a few occasions. 

She is recently married. Her new husband thought that once they were married, her girls weekends would end. She has no intentions of ending something she has been doing for years. She even suggested he start taking a guys weekend with his friends.

He thinks that now that they are married, it is inappropriate for her to go away with her friends for a weekend twice a year.

Personally, I think it s fine. If it was more affordable for me, I would do it more often myself.

Do you have girls weekends away from your significant other? 

Do you think it is inappropriate to do so if you are in a committed relationship?

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britmichele
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I don't do that, but it sounds like fun!
catevincesmom
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't do it, but as long as they're behaving themselves for the most part, I see nothing wrong w/ it.

Pnukey
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM
4 moms liked this

It is not inappropriate, but this really should have been discussed before they got married.

HappyMama.x3
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what I was going to say 

Quoting Pnukey:

It is not inappropriate, but this really should have been discussed before they got married.

MichelleMc
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:17 PM

For sure should have been discussed. I am sure he assumed it was something only single women would do, and it would stop. Just never entered his mind to talk about it, as it would just normally have stopped, but I guess he should have addressed it. 

Personally, I don't see the point in it or why I would want to do something like that. I could see girls NIGHT out here or there, but the other no. The only time I would go away for a weekend without my husband with the girls would be a scrapbook weekend or something unique like that, and even then, I usually don't stay the night. I usually come home & go back in the morning. I did go on an awesome once in a life time Zumba with Beto on the Today Show with my Zumba Instructor, but again, unique experience. A "get away". No.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I don't think it's inappropriate, depending on what you're doing, but I don't do it.

splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think its inappropriate. I don't think I would want to spend a whole weekend away though. Maybe ask me down the road when I like him less & my answer will change. lol

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:06 AM
5 moms liked this

I don't think it is inappropriate at all. I do this myself. A small group of us 5-7 alternate locations every year. We all live in different major cities in Texas, so we will take turns on where we go. My friends are coming to Dallas/Fort Worth this November to come stay with me for the weekend. Our weekends usually consists of dinners out, some type of entertainment (comedy club, concert, sporting event, musical etc..), maybe a spa day and a lot of relaxing, wine drinking and girl talk.

The second trip we take is with a larger group of about 20 and we have destination weekends. One year it was Vegas, another year it was Chicago, San Franciso, Destin and we have even went to Disney World for the weekend.

With that being said, my DH also takes a guys weekend. Mostly it is deep sea fishing or a scenic ride on his bike.

We both agree that a weekend away to just enjoy ourselves and relax is a good thing. At least for us.

fullxbusymom
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Nope never in 16yrs.

ZennMomma
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish I could do that!!!!!

no it's not inappropriate, hubby says its not inappropriate either. I think it's healthy, you are still You even if you are married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)