Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Is she being inappropriate?

Posted by   + Show Post

My best friend has always had 2 girls only weekends a year. She has done this for as long as I can remember. I have even went with her on a few occasions. 

She is recently married. Her new husband thought that once they were married, her girls weekends would end. She has no intentions of ending something she has been doing for years. She even suggested he start taking a guys weekend with his friends.

He thinks that now that they are married, it is inappropriate for her to go away with her friends for a weekend twice a year.

Personally, I think it s fine. If it was more affordable for me, I would do it more often myself.

Do you have girls weekends away from your significant other? 

Do you think it is inappropriate to do so if you are in a committed relationship?

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
momma2b2008
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I don't have girls nights let alone girls weekends. But I don't think it's inappropriate.
AmberRose1122
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:39 PM
What are they doing on said weekends?
KenneMaw
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a firm believer in separate vacations.  My DH goes to National Guard training for a 1 week per year and he loves it.  That is his 'guy time'.    My DD and I will go to the beach for a few days since DH hates the ocean and sand.   It doesn't hurt our relationship a bit.  We have always understood that we are different and are better if we aren't together 24/7.

xLilBit22
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM
No, its not bad. I have random girl days. &when im away i leave for a week to visit family. He is such an ass in my opinion
GleeFan
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM

The few times I have went, we rented a cabin by the lake. Swimming, reading, biking. Dinner in the small little town, shopping and chit chatting.

Another time, we went to a B&B in a little picturesque town and went to the local vineyard on a wine tasting tour, seen a movie and had dinner out.

That I know of, they are never bar hoping, club going weekends. Just a group of girls getting away for the weekend. 

Quoting AmberRose1122:

AmberRose1122
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
That is completely appropriate then.

Quoting GleeFan:

The few times I have went, we rented a cabin by the lake. Swimming, reading, biking. Dinner in the small little town, shopping and chit chatting.

Another time, we went to a B&B in a little picturesque town and went to the local vineyard on a wine tasting tour, seen a movie and had dinner out.

That I know of, they are never bar hoping, club going weekends. Just a group of girls getting away for the weekend. 

Quoting AmberRose1122:

GleeFan
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I pretty much told her the same thing.  :)

Quoting Rach0307:

I think it's inappropriate for him to expect her to stop that! Now that she's married, she'll need that girl time even more so. It's a tradition and only twice a year. Perhaps it's times for him to put on his big boy pants and stop being so insecure.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:07 PM

As long as she isn't swinging from the chandeliers at an all male revue during the weekend, I think it is perfectly fine. 

Rach0307
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM
That sounds like fun! If my girl friends and I had the money, we would definitely do this. As it is, about once a month, we leave the kids with the men for a few hours and do a bbq at one of our houses or go to the beach (which is a mile from me and one of the girls, so it's not far) just to have a little time without having to chase the kids around or cook and clean up after everyone else. My husband is the only one of the three of them that actually pushes me out of the door and says "Go, have fun!". My friends' husbands are a bit more demanding and insecure, but the ladies don't let that stop them from unwinding once in a while!

Quoting GleeFan:

Quoting AmberRose1122:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I don't do them but everyone is different. Maybe she could skip one every once in a while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN