Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Is she being inappropriate?

Posted by   + Show Post

My best friend has always had 2 girls only weekends a year. She has done this for as long as I can remember. I have even went with her on a few occasions. 

She is recently married. Her new husband thought that once they were married, her girls weekends would end. She has no intentions of ending something she has been doing for years. She even suggested he start taking a guys weekend with his friends.

He thinks that now that they are married, it is inappropriate for her to go away with her friends for a weekend twice a year.

Personally, I think it s fine. If it was more affordable for me, I would do it more often myself.

Do you have girls weekends away from your significant other? 

Do you think it is inappropriate to do so if you are in a committed relationship?

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Replies (81-87):
imissmydad51
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I'm newly, happily divorced and glad I don't have to see him ever again. :) So everyday is time away. YAYY!

GMom2011
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Just because you get married doesn't mean your life ends. I still travel with friends, my husband still travels with his. He goes on vacation without me, and I do the same. We are happy. No way I would let my husband tell me what I can or can not do, and I don't do that to him either. I think it's pathetic when couples can't be without each other for a couple of days. I don't think it's healthy.
imissmydad51
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Respectfully it is not right. But time away is always good.

isaacsmommy68
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Depends on what is going on during the weekend. If it is just the girls hanging out together and not cheating etc, I think it is fine.

SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Do they have kids.  If so, 2 weekends a year could be excessive IMO.  If no kids then who cares?  I don't see why he can't handle 2 weekends without her.  There could be more to the story.

SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM

To answer, I have one girls weekend a year but I dont' go every year.  It depends on whether I have a baby that is being breastfed.

massconfusion14
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I have a girls only weekend every week!!!! My daughter and I do at least :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)