Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Learning how to talk?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi guys. Im not sure how Im suposed to teach my son how to talk. He is one and I know its still soon but Im worried Im not doing enough to teach him the language. he hasnt said any words not even mama or dada. all he has said so far are mamamamama, and babababbabababa. I talk to him like I would talk to anyone. and I try to nararate whatever Im doing around the house. he is very independent and likes to play by himself. so we dont play all day. when we do its just chasing eachother around the house lol. I dont know anything about kids, is there a game we should be playing for language learning? or should I just slow down when I talk? what did you guys do for your kids at this age?

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TheDoctorsWife
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I got little picture books and DS picked up a lot of words from them
Pnukey
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Talk to him like you would anyone else, just like you're doing. He will eventually copy you. Right now, he has nothing to say. Mine started talking at 18 months and 2 years. Narrating everything you do and talking while you play are great ways to build language. No worries yet.

splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Some kids talk later than others. My youngest didn't talk much. I bought some of those toddler flash cards & she really loved them and learned quite a few words from doing them each day. 

I agree with PP. Just keep narrating and talking. He will pick it up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN